cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything activated but service not working

Ang22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
2nd phone activated, self serve account working, payment taken 5 days ago, phone is showing its on public mobile but nothing working? No data, no texting or no calling, don't know what to do have restarted phone numerous times and have taken sim card out and put back in numerous times. Service still not working after 5 days and this is getting ridiculous paying for a service that won't work
7 REPLIES 7

Mippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having this problem too!! I got set up yesterday and everything was working in the morning once I got the ARN set up but then in the afternoon through to this morning, I have nothing. HELP! So frustrated with this

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Ang22,

I'm sorry to hear about your service issue, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number?

I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Colduncan

Have you tried to restart your phone after changing the apn data settings? Try resetting your network as well depending on the phone. 

Ang22
Didn't port a number just got a new number through public mobile, in the info about device it's showing active on public mobile network but yes outgoing/incoming calls, texting and data all not working

Ang22
Thank you, yes the phone is unlocked and the phone is showing its active on the public mobile network but nothing working

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ang22, have you tried contacting a moderator for help if there was issues with your activation?  These days, moderators respond to private messages within an hour or so, maybe even faster.  When you say the phone shows Public Mobile, I assume this means you are connected to the network.  If that is the case and data is not flowing, then check your APN settings.  Here is the link for how to do that.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

As for no texting and no calls, is that for incoming, outgoing, both?  Did you port your number during the activation process?  If so, a failed port means all calls and text to the old number goes to the old carrier. 

It is too late to have a moderator look at your situation tonight.  I will tag one for you in this thread and they get back to you in the morning.  @Shazia_K, your help is needed here. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Looks like you have an activation problem.  I'll tag @Mary_M for you.  The moderators will be back at 9am EST tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.