cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim not Activating

CRuth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've just signed up for a public mobile plan on an esim card. After scanning the QR code for the esim, my phone was stuck saying 'activating' for 2 hours (see screenshot) without ever activating the esim (I was connected to the wifi the whole time). This happened twice and now whenever I scan the QR code it says 'unable to activate.

I have an iPhone 12 and the latest software installed. It says "no SIM restrictions" under carrier lock and I have two IMEI numbers under available SIMs. Is there a way to fix this? 

CRuth_0-1694049903089.png

3 REPLIES 3

babasheep
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe the esim can be tried only up to 3 times before it doesn't work. Either private message support or submit a ticket (if the link works for you - it doesn't always seem to work). Support response time is not immediate and you may need to wait over an hour, especially with the back and forth messaging with the agent. Good luck!

CRuth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much. I've tried rebooting it and nothing changed. And now when I scan the QR code it says 'unable to activate'. I'll message support, thanks again!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CRuth 

reboot the phone once.

After it is rebooted, check Settings->Cellular and see if the eSIM is installed (check any plan associated with PM)

if not, try to scan QR code again and see if it works.

if that still does not work, engage support by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.