cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error activating card while transferring from Koodo

AlexKs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, yesterday tried to activate public mobile sim card transferring my wife's phone number from Koodo - got error 821. Today tried again, now getting an error when entering her number for transfer "Please enter a valid Canadian phone number."

Errors:

1. From today: 2022-10-05_13-02-38.jpg

2. From yesterday:

2022-10-05_13-01-00.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

AlexKs

To transfer, I actually used Koodo account number instead of IMEI. No charges where made for failed activation.  By the way, yesterday I also registered another Koodo account for the same plan (for the new phone number for my nephew) without any issues. Thank you

alextang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same issue / error code (and money even gone out from my account). 

I got my issue resolved by PM the cs_agent https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id

From my experience they were super helpful and prompt!

good luck

@AlexKs   Error 821 is likely due to the fact that you entered the IMEI number as the porting info and not the account number.  

check your credit card again to see if PM already charged you.  If not , you can try again but please use Koodo account number instead as the porting info.

if you want to open ticket with PM support, please message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

AlexKs

Error 821 at the end of the process (entered number, credit card info). Today even cannot recognize phone number as Canadian. I will open ticket. Thank you

@AlexKs   are you using Koodo Prepaid or Postpaid plan?

AlexKs

The same error: "please valid Canadian number" in incognito mode. Will chatbot to open ticket. Thank you

@AlexKs wrote:

Selected $35 3G plan yesterday.  Entered my credit card info (from which I already paying for mine and son's public mobile phones)

@AlexKs   So, the error screenshot in the original post was yesterday or just now?

AlexKs

Selected $35 3G plan yesterday.  Entered my credit card info (from which I already paying for mine and son's public mobile phones)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexKs , please try again using incognito mode on your browser.  If that does not work, the use the chatbot link to initiate a support ticket.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexKs  do you have Koodo Prepaid service or Koodo Postpaid?

If you have Koodo Prepaid service, you will have to get a temporary new number first.  Once the activation is completed and you can make and receive calls, then you will need to open ticket with PM Support for a manual porting from Koodo Prepaid account

Need Help? Let's chat.