cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Activating SIM

brettjmason
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I was activating a SIM card for my girlfriend.

There was an error at the very last stage while processing the completed activation.

Credit card was charged for the $46.00.

No confirmation email received for account setup.

Would someone be able to help me with this?

9 REPLIES 9

@brettjmason

You can try re-booting phone or maybe a network setting reset.  Try putting her SIM card into your phone to distinguish between hardware setup issue versus Public mobile account issue....

If that does not work, you might need to contact moderator via private messaging to get access to your account, but expect 2-3 days wait

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

brettjmason

Her account is not recognized by the website to login to nor can we run a password recovery on the email. Not recognized.

Credit Card was charged for plan.

My account received the credit for referring her to the platform.

No text message for activation, No confirmation email with account details.

When I try to activate again it says Invalid SIM.

brettjmason

What should I do at this point. Who is in charge of accounts in a community based platform?

brettjmason

She got a text with a pinn code although its not the pin I set during activation and could be a text somehow from her old network (koodo).

other accounts for public mobile ive setup no problem. Everytime we get an email that says details of account.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you spell the email correctly during activation?   Does the sim register on the network?   You should get a welcome text message as well.   

brettjmason

This was a new activation new number.

brettjmason

This happened this afternoon.

When trying to login to account on web or password retrieval it doesn't recognize the email used to setup the account.

Rebooted the device and tried to make call and recording says talk is not included in my plan.

Which there should be talk as the $40 plan is unlimited Canada wide and 4.5gb @ 3g.

rrgg0615
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the same error. Just try to use that sim, sometimes there's a error on the website but the card was activated. Try to that sim card, call your number and see if that go through, if the cc was charged, the card should work.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@brettjmason wrote:

Hello, I was activating a SIM card for my girlfriend.

There was an error at the very last stage while processing the completed activation.

Credit card was charged for the $46.00.

No confirmation email received for account setup.

Would someone be able to help me with this?

@brettjmasonHow long ago did this happen? Was this a new activation or porting from another provider?

Did you try inserting the sim card and test the service? Is it activate? Have you tried to login to the account you created?

Typically activation errors are solved by waiting a few hours / clearing cache and trying again however since the payment was completed I would like to think that would not solve this issue as once the payment is made the activation should be processed. Try accessing the account in self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.