cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Activating ESim

PrettyPixel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed and downloaded the app, followed all the steps including downloading the eSIM and following the prompts on my iPihone, and selected to port my number. It said to was 30 mins to 5 hours. I checked an hour later and an error popped up saying failure to activate eSIM - contact Public Mobile. Help!

4 REPLIES 4

PrettyPixel

yup that’s the problem. I got the text messsage and didn’t notice it and failed to say yes. What do I do now?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@PrettyPixel wrote:

I subscribed and downloaded the app, followed all the steps including downloading the eSIM and following the prompts on my iPihone, and selected to port my number. It said to was 30 mins to 5 hours. I checked an hour later and an error popped up saying failure to activate eSIM - contact Public Mobile. Help!

@PrettyPixel , after you install your eSIM did you do these steps below to activate it?

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Edit: Also, did you leave your previous provider’s SIM Card in your iPhone so you can receive the text message from them to approve the authorization request to port your phone number to Public Mobile by replying YES within 90 minutes of receiving the text message?

PrettyPixel

Thanks. I have sent it now. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PrettyPixel  use this direct link to submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.