cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 401 Part way through creating account -endless loop

alanwpg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got to verifying my info screen prior to payment screen and received error 401.  I cant access my account as it is not recognized and I cant restart process as SIM is in use.  Stuck. 

4 REPLIES 4

alanwpg

Hopefully its a session lock - but until I can actually get to Self Serve page I wont know.

alanwpg

Never got to the payment screen.  So no payment was sent.

Prior to self serve page going down I was able to attempt to login but my credentials were not recognized.  It appears the account creation process only was partially created but cant restart process because SIM is already in use.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Session lock lasts 50 minutes, have a coffee then try again in incognito mode

Welcome to Publicmobile

@alanwpg wrote:

Got to verifying my info screen prior to payment screen and received error 401.  I cant access my account as it is not recognized and I can restart process as SIM is in use.  Stuck. 

The first things you'll want to check are if the Public Mobile service is working (insert the Public SIM card into your phone) and if your credit card/Visa debit card was charged (check online banking).  

If you were not charged, wait 50 minutes before trying again.

If you were charged and your service is working but your self serve account isn't, try creating a self serve account.  If it doesn't let you create a self selve account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca see if the login information that you provided earlier works.  If not, and you can't create a self serve account, open at ticket by going to:  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.