cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered the wrong number to port in

cjscholt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my new SIM card and wanted to port my old number over. I entered my old account info and SN correctly but i made a typo for the number i wanted to be ported over. 

So my SIM says its activated but with a completely wrong number not from my old provider. 

When I try to change the number on my account I get an error message. 

Should I contact a moderator? 

7 REPLIES 7

@kselmak wrote:

If you entered the wrong phone number you can just try to port again, that will cancel your port.

I'm not sure if you can do it at the moment by yourself, usually t would go to plans &add-ons, then change my number, then choose to transfer. If the form gives you message that means your have to contact moderatorshttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Welcome to pubic mobile

If the port request is still open, I do not believe it would normally allow you to transfer in a number using self serve.   In any event, no porting can currently be done in self serve, no matter the circumstances. This has been the case since early in the month. All porting must be done by having a moderator submit the request for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cjscholt 

If the wrong number is one of the numbers in your account, it may not be easy to reverse it.  

If the wrong number is not a number in your account, your port will fail.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you entered the wrong phone number you can just try to port again, that will cancel your port.

I'm not sure if you can do it at the moment by yourself, usually t would go to plans &add-ons, then change my number, then choose to transfer. If the form gives you message that means your have to contact moderatorshttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Welcome to public mobile

@mpcdesign Port will fail. It won't matter except for outgoing number be spoofed. The needed account info is the port protection.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@cjscholt, my first reaction after reading this "Oh my freaking gawd, I feel sorry for the other soul whose number may not work now!"

Hopefully, the other carrier has a port protection plan in place. 

This is our Port Fraud Protection if you are interested in reading!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cjscholt if you were lucky you ported an unassigned number over, if not, you nicked someone's, and closed their account. Please tell us who your old provider was. Thanks.

Make sure you explain what happened on your support ticket. This is another reason for port protection.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cjscholt 

Yes, if you entered the wrong information, you will need to contact moderator to complete the port correctly.  You can continue to use your old carrier SIM card for now.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.