cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM not acitvatwd

Zaya101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. Just ported my number for an e-sim. I was told there was an error and I should contact public mobile. Please help me out.

22 REPLIES 22

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That makes me so happy! Yay! Well, thank you for putting up with all my questions and troubleshooting steps. I hope you enjoy your new Public Mobile service. Don't forget to call your voicemail from your phone (dial your own number from your iPhone, or long press the #1 key on the keypad) and change your voicemail PIN, record an outgoing greeting, etc. 

Have a great evening!

Zaya101

When I went to my setting and cellular under sims it shows public mobile. When I clicked it, I noticed “turn on this line” was off. I turned it on. IT WORKED. Thank you so much!!!!

Zaya101

I’m sorry, I’m not sure how to delete and readd a sim! I don’t even think the first installed!

maple_leaf

Well, that's good news! At least the port in to Public Mobile is complete. For the eSIM, did you try to delete and re-add using the QR code from the email? I think you said yes. I found the following troubleshooting steps for manual install on the Apple support site:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780

See: "Scan a QR Code or Use a Carrier App"

Zaya101

I had also gotten the email from Punic mobile stating my account is set up 3 hours ago with my transferred number. 

Zaya101

When trying to submit a ticket it gives a 404 error. I’m sorry I was mistaken, my voicemail had changed to the public mobile lady that states the number. I think the port out is complete. When my family calls me it rings then goes to public mobile voicemail. However I do not get the call and it still says SOS on my phone.

maple_leaf

That sounds like the port out to Public Mobile has not completed fully if you are still reaching Virgin voicemail. If there is also something wrong in trying to install the eSIM, you will want to contact a customer service agent for more assistance. You can submit a ticket after hours and someone may get back to you sooner, but they are closed right now. 

Submit a Ticket: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html . Type "Ticket" in SIMon (chatbot) and then follow prompts to create and submit a ticket.

-or-

PM a CS_Agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Service hours: Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Sorry I couldn't help more, but hopefully customer service can get things working for you in the later morning.

Zaya101

When my family member called me just now my number is stated by the public mobile lady.

Zaya101

IMG_4461.png

Zaya101

I received the email for the QR code, I tried to install the e-sim thinking maybe it had not installed but it’s an error again. The voicemail coming up on my phone was the option I had selected for my phone number to be stated from virgin. 

maple_leaf

Okay, when you say it does not say Virgin at the top left of your phone, only SOS, this means that the Virgin service is no longer active (emergency calls only). Did your Virgin voicemail state your number, or did you have your own recorded outgoing greeting? From your reply, it seems like the port went through, but perhaps the eSIM didn't install on your phone. Did you receive an email from Public Mobile with a QR code for your eSIM?

Zaya101

I am logging in from the app. It doesn’t show my number, just shows “sharing is caring” with my referral code as well as “subscription usage”. It does not say Virgin at the top left of my phone anymore. Shows “SOS” on the right side near the battery. When I call my phone it goes to voicemail which I had set up stating my phone number with virgin.

maple_leaf

And you are logging into your account from the app on the phone, yes? Does it show the number you ported as your phone number in the app? Do you have another phone you can use to call your number? Does the call go to Public Mobile voicemail, or Virgin voicemail? Do you still have Virgin service on your phone, or did the signal strength indicator in the notification area go blank with an x on it/beside it?

Zaya101

When I go to setting on my iPhone and cellular under sims it shows primary with my number. Once I click it it shows virgin at the top, not public mobile.

Zaya101

When I log in to my account it shows “current subscription cycle” and gives me the option for “add ons”. 

maple_leaf

Okay, so if you replied yes to the text from Virgin, your number should now be ported over to Public Mobile. But, you say there is no Public Mobile eSIM installed on your phone after the activation with the app. Where are you seeing your number that shows Virgin when you click it? 

Zaya101

I see my number but when I click it it shows Virgin. There is no e sim from public mobile.

Zaya101

Yes I received the request and within a minute replied YES to accept

maple_leaf

Did you check your SIM settings in your phone to see if there is a Public Mobile eSIM installed? Also, did you get the port out text message from your old service provider (the one you have to reply "yes" to within 90 minutes)? And, what do you see when you log into your online account from your phone, an active subscription or a message about activation error or continue activation?

Zaya101

I ported it out from Virgin Mobile. I also received the transfer request and accepted it by the way. I’m having trouble submitting a ticket as the page comes up as a 404 error. Please help me out 

Zaya101

Hi there, 

As far as I know, the sim had installed. I know there were several steps each dimmed out until it was completed. I had gotten the notification the set up was done however a little while later I was notified there was an error setting up the e-sim.

maple_leaf

Hello @Zaya101 ,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble activating your eSIM. How far did you get into the activation (6 Steps) before seeing the error message? Did an eSIM install on your phone during the activation process? When you login to your online account (using the app on your phone), what do you see now? 

Customer Service is currently closed, but you can submit a ticket or send a private message to an agent for further assistance.

Submit a Ticket: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html .Type "Ticket" in SIMon (chatbot) to create and submit a ticket to customer service. 

-or-

PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.