cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Has there been any update or official announcement on the widespread dropped calls issues PM and other Telus brands are having? Been going on for a while now in my area 

13 REPLIES 13

jor123

Yeah I just saw as well. Good to see I guess, hopefully there is a fix soon. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jor123 

PM finally have an announcement to the problem, but no words when this will be fixed
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/NEW-Dropped-Calls/m-p/1216025/highlight/t...

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

Happened a couple times today for me unfortunately, in different locations (St. John's, NL). Good quality signal, no congestion on the data side. I've restarted the phone a few times, have it set to LTE only instead of LTE+5G, etc. As much as I was looking forward to VoLTE last year, sometimes it feels worse. Unrelated to this but in low signal conditions there's often times where you can hear the other person on the call but they can't hear you, as if the upload side only isn't working. 

@jor123 , your description is symptomatic of the dropped call problem that was very widespread some time ago.  It looks like it remains a problem in certain parts of the country and perhaps under control in others.  In the GTA and west coast, I am pretty confident that the problem is resolved, not to say that it could not come back again (touch wood).  BTW, I don't believe that phone settings matter although some have reported that it can make a difference.  

It's actually getting worse in the Comox Valley (Vancouver Island).

Can't agree on "PM acknowleges the problem and is working on a solution": CSR blames my phone and suggests that I get a new phone approved by Public Mobile. This is an unlocked Pixel 6a with all the latest updates (ie it's on PM's VoLTE white list), done all the common trouble shooting. Swapped in a Lucky, Fido SIM to compare, and have zero problems on the Freedom line,  dropped calls are on Public Mobile only...

funpig1

@jor123 @Rastin  I thought it had gotten better. I was able to stay connected between my PM phone and my Telus landline for hours and with other PM members in my family. 

However, over the last several days I have had dropped call issues with callers on the Fido and Rogers Network. I sent message CS_Agent but have received no response.

Rastin

The report of people complaining about it has dropped over the last week so I'm guessing it's getting better.

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

Has there been any update or official announcement on the widespread dropped calls issues PM and other Telus brands are having? Been going on for a while now in my area 

There has been no announcement, but as of late last week, I can assure everyone that the issue was being worked on.

These words sound very official despite there being no official announcement of the problem or its ongoing resolution.  

You have seen the same information that I have.

@jor123 wrote:

Happened a couple times today for me unfortunately, in different locations (St. John's, NL). Good quality signal, no congestion on the data side. I've restarted the phone a few times, have it set to LTE only instead of LTE+5G, etc. As much as I was looking forward to VoLTE last year, sometimes it feels worse. Unrelated to this but in low signal conditions there's often times where you can hear the other person on the call but they can't hear you, as if the upload side only isn't working. 

@jor123 , your description is symptomatic of the dropped call problem that was very widespread some time ago.  It looks like it remains a problem in certain parts of the country and perhaps under control in others.  In the GTA and west coast, I am pretty confident that the problem is resolved, not to say that it could not come back again (touch wood).  BTW, I don't believe that phone settings matter although some have reported that it can make a difference.  

jor123

Oddly it also seems like calls that were dropped don't appear in my account call history in self serve either.

jor123

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

There has been no announcement, but as of late last week, I can assure everyone that the issue was being worked on.

These words sound very official despite there being no official announcement of the problem or its ongoing resolution.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jor123 

no official words.  But seems like no more complains about that this week

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jor123 , it has been crickets so far on any official announcements related to the dropped call problem.  Unfortunately customers have to help each other to reverse engineer what is going on.  As far as I can tell the dropped call problem has been resolved for now.  I have had no issues with calling since this past weekend.  What part of the country are you experiencing the dropped call problem still.  

@jor123 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.