cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged credit card

winciy0412
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm new to Public mobile, just activated my mom's sim card on Nov 18 with the $40 90-day 12gb promo.

I was just checking my credit card transactions, and noticed Public Mobile double charged my credit card.

I vaguely remember there was some issue/error on the Payment page, so i had to start all over again. I did not know this process will end up double charging my credit card.. 

In Public Mobile payment transaction - it didn't show one of my payments

In my credit card transaction - i see 2 charges that day

Could any moderators help me out? Either refund to my credit card or put it into the available fund. Thanks!  @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O

15 REPLIES 15

lena1965
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I first tried to activate my account, on the payment page it gave me an error message, after which the account still was not active and the SIM card was not working (phone # did not port from FIDO). I e-mailed moderators and they failed to respond for 2 weeks. In order to still get on the double the data train, I tried to activate another sim card for the same phone number using a different credit card. That worked. A few days ago I receive my credit card statements. Apparently, I was charged for a failed transaction and for the successful one. So, basically, for the same phone number, same account, I was charged twice!!! What do I do now??? (Again, e-mailed moderators with no reply)

@Shazia_K@Jeremy_M@Saray_O

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's just easier for them to give a credit. I always like having money in my account, so I'd definitely be happy.

winciy0412

Update: I facebook messaged them and they finally replied after 2 weeks (?)

After providing them the screenshots of the statement (sensitive data removed), they finally offered the solution to credit my mom's public mobile account. I accepted that solution as I don't want to deal with it anymore.  Thanks everyone for the reply!

Rockdaddy22
I lot of private messages have been lost in the chaos I beleive. For this kind of issue, it might be better to send an email, that way you get a ticket/case number. Either way, you won't be responsible for that extra charge. It's definitely a crappy bug in the system. You could also send another PM if you want.

winciy0412

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O | @Caroline_D

Still no reply to my private message?

Rockdaddy22
Not quite ASAP lol Just give PM a chance to make it right.

Pooparu

Yeah credit card companies will refund you asap.

Bingbong

I'd just file a chargeback if PM doesn't send a response in a few days.

nuveylat

So why am i getting the "not sure if the refund request will be approved" kind of talk from a MOD?

Here is my proof, and my account shows my balance is $120...

20161123_101541.jpg

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It was PM that refunded me

nuveylat

Was it your credit card or pm that refunded you?

Rockdaddy22
I'd love to be able to pay rent with a credit card, cash back galore 🤑

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This happened to me a while back.. I got full refund put back on my card.. Just make sure to call your Bank or Visa to tell them and they will request for this money to be put back..  But they did give me a full refund of my overpayment

winciy0412

@nuveylat Wow thanks for sharing your experience. If it's easier for them, I don't mind them put the refund to my Public Mobile's available fund.. That might cancel out the 'not sure' and speed up the process..

nuveylat

Same exact thing happened to me as well. It said "transaction failed", which made me do a repayment...Now i see 2 **bleep** charges and i'm having issues paying my rent with my credit card because of this.. Worse thing is, I pm'd a moderator and she says "I applied for a refund, but not sure if it will get approved"?.... WOWZERS... I'm about to call my CC for a charge-back!

Need Help? Let's chat.