cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming problems

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey guys my mom is in the States atm and im wondering if you could help me!

We paid for roamng and shes in the states in an area thats supposed to be a covered roaming area. But her phone tells her shehas no service. What should she do? Im going later and think ill have thesame problem. 

21 REPLIES 21

Johnnyrsx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am currently in NYC and had issues with roaming issues, I have my iPhone connected to AT&T and I fixed my issue with turning OFF LTE. Once LTE is turned OFF I had no issues making calls and getting data to work on my phone!! Hope this helps!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for letting us know, @JeffG.  It seems this is necessary for some folks.  Glad to hear it's still working well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JeffG

Good suggestion. This works for me and solved the same issue !!! thanks 

Iphone 6 > settings > carrier > T Mobile

Subbanator96
@MoreYummy, totally agree the exchange isn't that great but can't argue with JCPenney's $10 off $10, so some of the deals are worth it. 🙂 also @srlawren if you choose to go, hope you have fun! Never been to Seattle myself

Glad to see you were able to resolve this.  Happy Roaming!

clavijo

hi , probably is the parner does not have coverage in that specific area , it has happened to me with T Mobile, they have little spots that heve not coverage, find out the parner and check the coverage area it it is white you are out of luck

glad you fixed

@srlawren  Givents the exchange now, the deal wont be that good now.  Let us know if you find one. haha

srlawren

@Subbanator96 awesome!  Don't forget to remind her to change it back to auto (or manually selected to PM) when she returns to Canada.  Hope she finds some nice deals!  I might go down to Seattle area on Saturday, but not 100% sure yet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Subbanator96

Hey guy! Thanks so much to @srlawren@stonechucker, @fosibehrand @ShawnC13 for all your help! Finally, it's been fixed. The manual selection of the networks worked out, after she did that her texting started working after the first restart and the calling came back after another restart. Really appreciate all the help!

Subbanator96

@srlawrenwill do! Just a slow moving process since I can't reach her easily. Hopefully it will be easier for me tonight :).

srlawren

@Subbanator96 please keep us posted!

Subbanator96

@srlawren I just read a post by someone mentioning to try selecting networks manually, I'll have her try that and let you know! Thanks! Was Literally two seconds before I saw your reply 😛

srlawren

@Subbanator96 so, she's getting no service at all?  Talk, text, data, nada?  Dumb question, but has she rebooted her phone since entering the USA?  Is her network set to auto or explicitly set to Public Mobile?  I haven't tried Public's roaming yet, but I remember someone saying they had to manually select AT&T or T-Mobile to get everything working--leaving their phone on auto didn't work for them.  Your mileage may vary.....

Subbanator96

@stonechucker thats the same as what she has, and what i have, but t doesnt help and seems to be the only mention of roaming in the settings. Hopefully not a localized dead zone, but shes been around to several different areas and stores for Black Friday so its not like it doesn't just work in one hotel room or place.

@Subbanator96, on my version of Android, I need to go to Settings --> More --> Cellular Networks, and right at the top is "Data Roaming" which is a OFF/ON toggle, but that wouldn't address the voice calling or texting.

It could just be localized dead zone.

Subbanator96

**bleep**, thanks so much anyway though! 🙂 I'll try looking it up now, couldn't find anything before.

I don't know about that sorry my OS is W10M

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Subbanator96

As far as I know, I checked it this morning. Is there something that needs to be done on android 4.2. 2? 

Does she have roaming turned on in the settings of her phone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Subbanator96

I dont think thats the issue, its listed in the "my add-ons" section? Any other ideas? haha 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Can she log into her account and see if the money was put towards the plan.  It maybe sitting in "Available Funds"  If it is try and add the add-ons again so that this balance is now reduced by the amount of the add-on.  Someone on here yesterday had this issue and found out this is what they had to do

Need Help? Let's chat.