Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do vouchers expire after purchase?

concou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank-you

45 REPLIES 45

@concou  No apologies needed. If moderators are responding on the community you know they are not very busy or are training. Often a good time to contact them for a quicker response especially for non urgent matters.

@concou wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@concou wrote:

Just to update....... Visited many Shoppers Drug Marts, none have the Top UP type vouchers.

If anyone should know where to buy the Top up vouchers it would be Public Mobile reps on this forum.

It would be much appreciated if one of the reps could chime in on this.

Thank-you.

You can always contact them and ask..

Simon.JPG

Or by private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sorry...just thought they also read this forum and might volunteer some information without  being asked! 

My bad

I apologize! 

Sometimes they do respond...but probably best to contact them first...

concou

@Jb456 wrote:

@concou wrote:

Just to update....... Visited many Shoppers Drug Marts, none have the Top UP type vouchers.

If anyone should know where to buy the Top up vouchers it would be Public Mobile reps on this forum.

Thank-you.

Simon.JPG

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sorry...just thought they also read this forum and might volunteer some information without  being asked! 

My bad

I apologize! 

@concou wrote:

Thank-you.

Simon.JPG

concou

Thank-you.

concou

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@concou wrote:

This information...in my opinion should be made available clearly and precisely by Public Mobile. 

We should not have to feel like we are on "Treasure Hunt" to find this type of information! 

Very easy...post a list on their website as to which retailers offer what!

How about here.

Get Started up top.

scroll down and Find a store.

scroll down and Other ways to pay and click on Learn more.

@Anonymous  This doesn't really give anymore info than retailers that may or may not offervavway to pay for your public mobile service. And to locate a retailer near you. It still requires you to phone each individual to call each retailer individually and ask what service(s) they offer. As I mentioned something similar to or having public mobile on the stock tracker website would be the best way to locate the public mobile service you are looking for: SIM cards, activations, vouchers or instant top ups. Until this website came along trying to find something like electronics from SDM on a redemption weekend required phoning each retail location individually. The same is required for many of the businesses listed on public mobiles website.

Thank-you for totally understanding!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So maybe I wasn't reading closely enough. Are you two talking about the instant top-ups? Or the vouchers?

When I first got on with this place, I went around looking for vouchers and soon realized that really just about any place that sells gift cards and the like also sells cell phone "minutes". They might give you the Homer stare when you ask for Public Mobile vouchers so you just suggest they look in their little pinpad terminal thingy and oh hey there it is and you nod knowingly. A few stores have cards on display but they're really just decoration. You still need to go up and have them run through their terminal.

@Anonymous wrote:

@concou wrote:

This information...in my opinion should be made available clearly and precisely by Public Mobile. 

We should not have to feel like we are on "Treasure Hunt" to find this type of information! 

How about here.

Get Started up top.

@Anonymous  This doesn't really give anymore info than retailers that may or may not offervavway to pay for your public mobile service. And to locate a retailer near you. It still requires you to phone each individual to call each retailer individually and ask what service(s) they offer. As I mentioned something similar to or having public mobile on the stock tracker website would be the best way to locate the public mobile service you are looking for: SIM cards, activations, vouchers or instant top ups. Until this website came along trying to find something like electronics from SDM on a redemption weekend required phoning each retail location individually. The same is required for many of the businesses listed on public mobiles website.

concou

@Anonymous wrote:

@concou wrote:

How about here.

Get Started up top.

Thank-you..

There is no accurate list of who carries the top if vouchers. 

Just tells you that some carry both type of vouchers and some don't.

I think they should be telling us, who does and who doesn't. 

@concou  Maybe we can get the stock tracker website to list this information. They list stock for retail stores that don't even list their own inventory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@concou wrote:

How about here.

Get Started up top.

concou

@darlicious wrote:

@concou  I think that it is up to individual store locations to decide what services they offer. SDM in bc does not offer any public mobile services nor does no frills. 

Be sure ask for instant top ups and how they are accessed by phone number or account #?

Thanks again...

@concou  I think that it is up to individual store locations to decide what services they offer. SDM in bc does not offer any public mobile services nor does no frills. 

Be sure ask for instant top ups and how they are accessed by phone number or account #?

concou

@darlicious wrote:

@concou   My memory vaguely recalls the SDM in question may have been near Dufferin mall. You could try calling different SDM locations to see if they offer the instant top up service or use muskbird.com ( .ca can't remember which?) There are other instant top up services available online that top up accounts via the phone number.

Thank-you...I will try a few Shoppers. 

I'm surprised though...that there is no definitive information available from Public direct,where I can for a fact know where to buy these Top vouchers guaranteed!

@concou   My memory vaguely recalls the SDM in question may have been near Dufferin mall. You could try calling different SDM locations to see if they offer the instant top up service or use muskbird.com ( .ca can't remember which?) There are other instant top up services available online that top up accounts via the phone number.

concou

@Jb456 wrote:

@concou  could you not just ask the person for their pin? You clearly know them well enough to buy vouchers for that account. Or why not add autopay to their account with your credit card?

Thanks...for your input!

Different relationship have different dynamics,requiring things to be handled in different ways.

This not what my question was about.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

40E082BA-6397-4D79-A194-C612EEF04CE2.jpeg
A9ACE3DA-8C4A-47A9-86D4-435E11C2C5EA.jpeg

A6076EA0-2031-40AB-9BE2-8DD009553F17.jpeg

@concou  Top up vouchers can be added thru sell serve or the 611 service with a pin #. There was a member who said they used an instant top up with shoppers drug mart in Toronto. Or you can use muskbird.ca for instant top ups via the phone number and costs a small fee.

iPhoneUser

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Are you sure. I know that in BC gift cards, by law, cannot expire. 

@iPhoneUser  That is true but vouchers and prepaid cards are two different things. More specifically  unlike other mobile providers pm does not offer any kind of card for use on its service for top ups, balances etc....only vouchers. (Not talking about credit or visa debit cards...

I would prefer to err on the side of caution here....and I'll mention again the need for the voucher catalogue to dispel confusion surrounding them.

Hmmmm I used to buy Telus prepaid top up cards on Craigslist and I knew they were old....but all were ok.  Like at least a year old. The ones that you had to scratch to get the code to enter. 

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Are you sure. I know that in BC gift cards, by law, cannot expire. 

@iPhoneUser  That is true but vouchers and prepaid cards are two different things. More specifically  unlike other mobile providers pm does not offer any kind of card for use on its service for top ups, balances etc....only vouchers. (Not talking about credit or visa debit cards...)

I would prefer to err on the side of caution here....and I'll mention again the need for the voucher catalogue to dispel confusion surrounding them.

@concou  could you not just ask the person for their pin? You clearly know them well enough to buy vouchers for that account. Or why not add autopay to their account with your credit card?

concou

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Maybe..just maybe...the cashier is clueless and does not know there are 2 options or you are asking for the wrong thing...OR.....the locations you are going to don’t offer instant top up. 

It could be they are clueless but I've taken the time to explain to each and every cashier about the 2 options.

All insisted that they have only the PIN option. 

If anyone knows anywhere in the GTA that offers the top up option, I would appreciate it.

iPhoneUser

Maybe..just maybe...the cashier is clueless and does not know there are 2 options or you are asking for the wrong thing...OR.....the locations you are going to don’t offer instant top up. 

@concou have you tried recharge.com  https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up?aid=125&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gAZ1G...

@concou wrote:

@concou wrote:

Thank-you

That's why I prefer the Top vouchers. 

Unfortunately, no where to be found!

concou

@concou wrote:

Thank-you

That's why I prefer the Top vouchers. 

Unfortunately, no where to be found!

concou

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Or take control of the account. 

I don't want take control of the account. 

I just want to ensure the line stays active by adding credits.

Thank-you 

concou

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@concou wrote:

I would like take control of things without involving the reccipent.

I would like to apply credits to the account for her. 

I'm in Vaughan, just north of Toronto. 

Could you not then do the instant top up option. 

Web site says. 

Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

That's what I have been trying to do.

All retailers I have tried only offer vouchers that require the pin to entered from the handset. 

@concou  The canadian tire voucher i have purchased and is in the voucher catalogue  says at the top of the voucher (although it's a little hard to read) that it is void in 90 days. The London drugs one i will have to dig up because the entire voucher is not in the pic....i wasn't thinking about expiration dates as I had assumed all vouchers are only valid for 90 days.

iPhoneUser

Or take control of the account. 

iPhoneUser

@concou wrote:

I would like take control of things without involving the reccipent.

I would like to apply credits to the account for her. 

I'm in Vaughan, just north of Toronto. 

Could you not then do the instant top up option. 

Web site says. 

Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Need Help? Let's chat.