cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need an active plan to port my number FROM Public Mobile?

glacialflames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I decided to take advantage of the Koodo deal that was going on, but everytime I try to port my PM number to Koodo I get an unknown error.

My PM account is currently not on a plan as I haven't payed for a new month since it's expired a few days ago. Do I need to sign up for another PM plan before I can port my number to Koodo?

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@glacialflames technically your service right now is suspended if your current prepaid period has expired and you haven't paid for another month of service.  So at this time it's dormant and you won't be able to port.  You would need to pay for a base plan (recommend the $10 plan), and then port your number while this service is active.

This information shouldn’t be new, other than the forfeiting of any balance as it’s prepaid, ce. post paid.

In order to port every telecom needs to receive a response from the sending telecom the active phone number.

Cellular, VoIP, landline, parking service, etc.

Hunter2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your account needs to be active to port a number. 

This is good information to know for future reference. Even people who've been in the Community for awhile can learn new things! Robot Very Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You number must be active in order to be ported.

Pay the current month and ask Koodo to give to credit for the remaining PM unused service.  YMMV.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@glacialflames wrote:

I decided to take advantage of the Koodo deal that was going on, but everytime I try to port my PM number to Koodo I get an unknown error.

My PM account is currently not on a plan as I haven't payed for a new month since it's expired a few days ago. Do I need to sign up for another PM plan before I can port my number to Koodo?

Yes you must have an active line to port out the number.  The best plan is to have the $10 a month plan but if you were previously on a different plan only a moderator can make the switch for you on a suspended account, and they are extremely busy right now with the recent promo's and ongoing promos.  Or you can add funds and re-activate the last plan you had.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.