cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with the complete lack of response from the "moderators team"

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very disappointed with the complete lack of response from the  "moderators" pertaining to my plan problem as posted and direct messaged the moderator team early February. Cut and pasting part of past post and email send to the moderator team that to date have not responded.

My $15 plan renewal comes up tomorrow on Feb. 9 - and as usual my rewards are not being credited. My account shows amount due $15 and I think it should show 15-(1+2+1)= amount due $11.

Cut and pasting below from my account page on Feb 9

• My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward ($1)
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
    • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1) 

Now it’s Feb 10 and my account renewed but again no rewards credited.    

Cut and pasting my rewards ----- and Payment due.as shown Feb 10

• My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward ($1)
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Mar 11, 2020
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $15.00

There is obviously a problem with my account because our other PM accounts seem to work as they should.  I checked my past credit card records and it seems that I have been only at times randomly getting the discounts that I'm entitled.  Also of concern is that very regularly when I try to make a voice call I get a pre recorded warning that my plan does not include voice minutes -even though my plan includes voice.—(I know that the the fix is to hang up and try again and usually after one or two tries the voice call works)

Cut and pasting from my account page - to-day-- showing same problem--

• Available Funds: $0.00
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00

I have now set up a new equal cost plan with Bell's Lucky Mobile and hope that works as it should. I've moved my PM Sim to my old iPhone 6 and plan to use up the time I have left and then let it lapse.

22 REPLIES 22

I have explained to many people asking the question that the amount owing at next renewal will always be (for example) $15 if you are on the $15 plan but iit s reduced by any "Available Funds" showing on your account. Rewards listed below that are not yet "available funds" but will be processed to available funds right as renewal begins. What we need to know for certain is if your credit card was charged $11 plus tax or $15 plus tax. It's just the way they show it on your account. I guess that if you don't like the way it shows even though it comes out correct at renewal, heading over to Lucky Mobile may solve that problem.

Obviously something went wrong if you didn't hear back from moderators within maybe 48 hours, usually much less and occasionally a little longer. Though it looks as though you may have received the reply to verify your account? Unless I am missing something, the community answered your question and it wasn't really a "problem". 

AE_Collector

@Milk wrote:

Smiley Very Happy I DID FINALY GET A RESPONSE - as cut and pasted below. What does she mean by SIM-on HERE,

I, as part of the moderator team will be happy to help you, but if you don`t open a ticket with SIM-on HERE, chances are that you won`t get a customized solution.

First we need to secure your account. Please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX1-4b1W5V7nxSyke60HPIYVZ8iJ-uaQH3rN...

Have a nice day,

Oana Smiley Happy

What's meant, is for you to click the link that was provided, and then click on the box where is says, "Chat with SIMon"..... it's PM's preferred way of contacting the Moderator team.

When is your renewal day?

Did you read the messages above? 

Your credits will deposit in your amount on the renewal day.

Can you check your payment history? You should see it there right before the payment

Milk

@will13am wrote:

I am a little late to this discussion but I do have some useful information to share with the community.  I submitted a couple of tickets myself in recent days.  Both languished in an "abyss" outside of the regular ticket queue.  I had asked for a follow up on why my requests seemed to take an inordinate amount of queue time without response and this was the explanation given to me.  The problem is being investigated.  

Smiley Very Happy I DID FINALY GET A RESPONSE - as cut and pasted below. What does she mean by SIM-on HERE,

I, as part of the moderator team will be happy to help you, but if you don`t open a ticket with SIM-on HERE, chances are that you won`t get a customized solution.

First we need to secure your account. Please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX1-4b1W5V7nxSyke60HPIYVZ8iJ-uaQH3rN...

Have a nice day,

Oana Smiley Happy

Milk

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gail709 wrote:

Please be carful with you switch to Lucky.  Their $15 plan gives you 100 minutes but it counts minutes incoming and outgoing; whereas the PM $15 plan only counts the outgoing calls against your minutes the rest are free.  The plans may be equal in price but certainly not equal in what you get for the same money.

EXACTLY!!! And THAT would be the reason I switched over to PM..... well, that, and the potential for reducing my cell plan cost even further, which I have.

I have kept my PM account and didn't port my number to lucky --my new Lucky account was free - they mailed me out 2 free Sim cards and the second month will be free . But I did have to pay $15 + taxes that covered my first month in order to get the second month free. Since I have two iPhones I'm just testing things out right now.  ALSO I do realize that if my PM account didn't have a problem then PM would be a better choice and also less expensive with the available discounts such as refer friends - auto top off etc.  

Milk

@gail709 wrote:

Please be carful with you switch to Lucky.  Their $15 plan gives you 100 minutes but it counts minutes incoming and outgoing; whereas the PM $15 plan only counts the outgoing calls against your minutes the rest are free.  The plans may be equal in price but certainly not equal in what you get for the same money.  Good Luck in your decision.

Thanks for heads up - However I have kept my PM account and didn't port my number to lucky --my new Lucky account was free - they mailed me out 2 free Sim cards and the second month will be free . But I did have to pay $15 + taxes that covered my first month in order to get the second month free. Since I have two iPhones I'm just testing things out right now.  ALSO I do realize that if my PM account didn't have a problem then PM would be a better choice and also less expensive with the available discounts such as refer friends - auto top off etc.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a little late to this discussion but I do have some useful information to share with the community.  I submitted a couple of tickets myself in recent days.  Both languished in an "abyss" outside of the regular ticket queue.  I had asked for a follow up on why my requests seemed to take an inordinate amount of queue time without response and this was the explanation given to me.  The problem is being investigated.  

Sarlye

Oh, and @Milk  , since this hasn't been mentioned here, can we assume you're aware that a response from one of the Mod team would show up in your Private Message inbox, i.e. you'd have a number showing in the envelope icon, up in the top, right area of the screen? Any chance you did receive a reply, and simply didn't notice it was there? Just askin', because some people are unaware that this is how you get Mod replies.....

if you do have a private message from the moderator, they will also need you to verify who you are in the email they sent, after you verify, you need to reply back to the private message with the moderator and let them know before they can help you.. it's a clunky process but once you do that, they can help you.. 

Hi @Milk 

Your plan doesn't change and the amount on overview page does not reflect the rewards only balance (money already on your account) vs cost of your plan. (Taxes are also not reflected at all)Screenshot_20200304-121345~2.png

In the picture above you can see that o have 5 in rewards but my overview just takes into account money already on my account and the plan. So my money owing is 6.

But the projection of what should happen on your referral day is discussed on the rewards page (this may change if you lose our gain more referrals or drop out of autopay) 

You can check it here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/rewards/ 

This is what mine looks like (same account for overview)Screenshot_20200304-121526~2.png

So what will happen if nothing changes with my referrals and autopay on the renewal day: my rewards will be credited to my account first and my balance will go from 9 to 14, so that I will only need to pay $1 off of my credit card.

Your rewards are credited to you every 30 days.

Hope that makes sense

The same will happen to you if you don't lose referral or remove autopay, on the day of renewal your rewards will be converted into $4 balance and your credit card will be charged 11+tax

@gail709 wrote:

Please be carful with you switch to Lucky.  Their $15 plan gives you 100 minutes but it counts minutes incoming and outgoing; whereas the PM $15 plan only counts the outgoing calls against your minutes the rest are free.  The plans may be equal in price but certainly not equal in what you get for the same money.

EXACTLY!!! And THAT would be the reason I switched over to PM..... well, that, and the potential for reducing my cell plan cost even further, which I have.

Oh, and @Milk  , since this hasn't been mentioned here, can we assume you're aware that a response from one of the Mod team would show up in your Private Message inbox, i.e. you'd have a number showing in the envelope icon, up in the top, right area of the screen? Any chance you did receive a reply, and simply didn't notice it was there? Just askin', because some people are unaware that this is how you get Mod replies.....

gail709

Please be carful with you switch to Lucky.  Their $15 plan gives you 100 minutes but it counts minutes incoming and outgoing; whereas the PM $15 plan only counts the outgoing calls against your minutes the rest are free.  The plans may be equal in price but certainly not equal in what you get for the same money.  Good Luck in your decision.

@Milk 

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AutopPay credit card gets charged to cover the remaining balance of the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

Milk

@Anonymous wrote:

@Milk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Milk 

This was probably explained in any earlier threads (which I didn't read and don't remember)...the overview rewards area doesn't show what the net of all your rewards will be. You can see that estimate drilling down into the rewards area.

To actually tell what has been deducted and charged you go into your Payment history. If you like you can post a screen snip of that and we can help decipher it. Blank out personal info of course.

As for the dialing...just put 1 in front of all your calling.

OK then how would you explain the following that I'm cut and posting from one of our other accounts. You will note that it does show "Available funds".

• Available Funds: $3.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Mar 24, 2020
  • Amount Owing: $12.00

You didn't provide the line of Available Funds in your other post until you edited it in. This one above looks correct. ShawnC13 has answered that. Your edited version is also correct.

Just for you I am cut and pasting  from my account page now

• Available Funds: $0.00

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Milk 

This was probably explained in any earlier threads (which I didn't read and don't remember)...the overview rewards area doesn't show what the net of all your rewards will be. You can see that estimate drilling down into the rewards area.

To actually tell what has been deducted and charged you go into your Payment history. If you like you can post a screen snip of that and we can help decipher it. Blank out personal info of course.

OK then how would you explain the following that I'm cut and posting from one of our other accounts. You will note that it does show "Available funds".

You didn't provide the line of Available Funds in your other post until you edited it in. This one above looks correct. ShawnC13 has answered that. Your edited version is also correct.

I know That you shouldn't have to do this @Milk.  There's a rewards being applied text message sent each payment cycle date from PM number 100. Check on your cycle payment date and if its not there, contact the moderators and ask them for your rewards. 

@Milk wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Milk  sorry to hear that you haven't had a response.  If you hadn't received a reply in 48 hours I would have sent another message in.

I can only send so many requests. 

". have been most helpful and trying to help but no word from our moderator team.

@Milkcan you post a screen shot of your payment history with personal info removed.  Like others have stated rewards aren't subtracted from your amount due on the overview page only available funds get subtractracted from amount do and rewards aren't converted to available funds until the day of renewal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Milk

@Anonymous wrote:

@Milk 

Milk

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Milk  sorry to hear that you haven't had a response.  If you hadn't received a reply in 48 hours I would have sent another message in.

I can only send so many requests. 

". have been most helpful and trying to help but no word from our moderator team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:

Very disappointed with the complete lack of response from the  "moderators" pertaining to my plan problem as posted and direct messaged the moderator team early February. Cut and pasting part of past post and email send to the moderator team that to date have not responded.

My $15 plan renewal comes up tomorrow on Feb. 9 - and as usual my rewards are not being credited. My account shows amount due $15 and I think it should show 15-(1+2+1)= amount due $11.

Cut and pasting below from my account page on Feb 9

• My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward ($1)
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0

Now it’s Feb 10 and my account renewed but again no rewards credited.    

Cut and pasting my rewards ----- and Payment due.as shown Feb 10

• My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward ($1)
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00

There is obviously a problem with my account because our other PM accounts seem to work as they should.  I checked my past credit card records and it seems that I have been only at times randomly getting the discounts that I'm entitled.  Also of concern is that very regularly when I try to make a voice call I get a pre recorded warning that my plan does not include voice minutes -even though my plan includes voice.—(I know that the the fix is to hang up and try again and usually after one or two tries the voice call works)

I have now set up a new equal cost plan with Bell's Lucky Mobile and hope that works as it should. I've moved my PM Sim to my old iPhone 6 and plan to use up the time I have left and then let it lapse.

@Milk  Not sure why that happened. My experience with the Moderator Team in solving rewards issues has been pretty good. Did you check your mail icon (top right of your screen) for a response from them after you submitted your ticket.

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How did you go about contacting a moderator? I have contacted them a few times and got lots of quick replies - even though the issue wasn't an quick fix, they at least acknowledged my message. Also before fixing any issue, they will always send you a message to verify yourself first. Is it possible that you accidentally submitted your request to the wrong person?

In respect to posting issues in the forums, as far as I know moderators don't proactively solve issues posted in the forums - the best way to contact them is through the ? icon in the bottom right corner.

There's not much to do at this point since you've already switched over to Lucky, but I guess it's something to keep in mind in case you ever decide to return.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Milk 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.