cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed by PM Service for 1st time No Coverage in Thomson MB

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was travelling from Saskatoon To Thompson MB Throughout my trip, I see my work Phone which is Telus was working. 

I didn't have coverage even in Saskatewan Border Creighton - Flin Flon or in Thompson. 

My total trip is 5 days. Felt bad why I switched to PM when Telus, Rogers, Fido and many more works in Thompson. 

Why is it hard for PM to share telus towers in MB? 

I know in the PM website mentioned there is no coverage. Still I need to know why ? 

Thanks

@Jeremy_M

7 REPLIES 7

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ch1 wrote:

hi I am really disppointed because I pay for the internet and the service is so bad so I don't understand thats the probleme now is more then one month right now is not working at all I hope somebody help me with this probleme or the last think I have to do I stop this service with public please same bady answer me thanks

Hi @ch1, can you give us any more details as no one can tell what is wrong from what you've written.

Can you send and receive calls?

Can you send and receive text messages?

Are you able to use mobile data?

What phone plan do you have?

What phone do you have?

Has this always not worked or has it worked previously and stopped at "more than one month"?

You've replied to a very old thread that is specific to a certain area - does this mean you are in the same area as well?

Help us help you! 🙂

ch1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I am really disppointed because I pay for the internet and the service is so bad so I don't understand thats the probleme now is more then one month right now is not working at all I hope somebody help me with this probleme or the last think I have to do I stop this service with public please same bady answer me thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@prasprime wrote:

Why is it hard for PM to share telus towers in MB? 

I know in the PM website mentioned there is no coverage. Still I need to know why ? 

@prasprime wrote:

So, It better to go with Telus Postpaid or other Networks, which Have coverage all over Canada.

@prasprime if you need coverage in an area that is showing as not covered by PM's coverage map but is on the Telus or other Networks' map, then unfortunately yes you would need to use one of those networks.  The reason, as mentioned, is that the agreement Telus has in place to use towers in that area does not extend to Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@echf
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to talk about that until it's publicly available knowledge.

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, It better to go with Telus Postpaid or other Networks, which Have coverage all over Canada.

Thanks 

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sheytoon 

After Bell acquire MTS, do you think is it possible to have a new agreement with Telus to allow Telus/Public Mobile user to use MTS towers?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire
It's because there's no roaming for PM users on Rogers/MTS network. Telus (post-paid) users can roam.

For native Telus towers in MB, which are mainly along the Winnipeg <> Brandon route, you will have normal access like anywhere else in Canada.
Need Help? Let's chat.