cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dec 7th payment

fredweet2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I was wondering if you could break down the charge to my credit card on Dec 7th for $40.24. 

I am on the 35$ plan and with HST it would be $39.55. This was my first charge. 

I'm just trying to figure out how the breakdown is. 

16 REPLIES 16

@april_h30 wrote:

@fredweet2 

To see the breakdown of your phone bill, log into the Self Serve and click on Payment at the top of the screen then click on Transaction History. This will show you the charges on your bill.

@april_h30 

All prices in Public Mobile's self serve accounts are before tax.

It seems like the OP has a discrepancy in the amount charged to their credit card which inludes taxes. It's something that needs to be looked at by the moderators as already suggested.

april_h30

@fredweet2 

To see the breakdown of your phone bill, log into the Self Serve and click on Payment at the top of the screen then click on Transaction History. This will show you the charges on your bill.

@fredweet2 wrote:

I'm in Ontario so the HST is 13%. My area code is 289. 

The math doesn't add up from what I can see. 

As @computergeek541  mentioned, you should contact Moderators.

You may have discovered an error in PM tax calculation rules.

Did you previously have a number with another area code?

If you've always had area code 289, it could be that PM has incorrectly identified this area code as belonging to Quebec.

General info regarding Quebec sales tax (not that it matters to OP):

- Prior to 2013, Quebec's QST rate was 9.5% and was applied to both the sale price and GST.

- Since 2013, Quebec's QST rate is applied solely to the sale price. Effectively they kept the same rate making it 9.975%

@Nezgar wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Learned something new today like everyday.

Yeah, me too - had ZERO idea Quebec had an odd sales tax of 9.975%! Not 9.5%, or 10%, or EVEN 9.9%, but 9.975%!!! 🙄 

I guess 10% would be bad politics! Just like $9.95 looks cheaper than $10. Smiley Very Happy

I have no doubt about that!

As for the $9.95 vs. $10.00, I read it YEARS ago, that someone did a study on that sort of pricing, and apparently the majority of the population always look at a number like that, and their brain sees $9.95 as $9.00..... in fact, my wife always does that, but I guess my brain is wired differently, cuz I always round the price up. 😉 

@fredweet2 wrote:

Since you appear to be getting charged an incorrect sales tax rate, the only people who can help you now are the moderators. Please open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ .

fredweet2

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Yeah, me too - had ZERO idea Quebec had an odd sales tax of 9.975%! Not 9.5%, or 10%, or EVEN 9.9%, but 9.975%!!! 🙄 

I guess 10% would be bad politics! Just like $9.95 looks cheaper than $10. Smiley Very Happy

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodderI knew quebec had an "off" percentage rate just not hst.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder @gblackma  That's what I thought I wasn't sure if the 4 was a typo because the OP had said hst so I assumed 15%. For some reason I figured would have rejected the hst and still have separate pst and gst. Learned something new today like everyday.

@darlicious wrote:

@fredweet2    You were charged $40.24 or $40.25? $35×15%tax ($5.25)= $40.25 The taxman rounded down?

Nope, assuming  @gblackma  got it correct, about Quebec, the taxman got it right on!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Tax will be calculated based on the are code of your phone number. So for example, if you live in Ontario with British Columbia number (604/778/236), you will be charged BC 12% tax. Just want to point this out if this is a case. 

@fredweet2    You were charged $40.24 or $40.25? $35×15%tax ($5.25)= $40.25 The taxman rounded down?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fredweet2 

If you are logged in to your selfserve you can see all the transactions here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ 

You can change the range

Thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

$35×1.14975. Are you in Quebec? The sales tax is 14.975%.

@fredweet2 wrote:

Hi 

I was wondering if you could break down the charge to my credit card on Dec 7th for $40.24. 

I am on the 35$ plan and with HST it would be $39.55. This was my first charge. 

I'm just trying to figure out how the breakdown is. 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Log into your self serve account and you can look at your payment history there. This way you can see if they applied auto rewards or refer a friend rewards etc

Need Help? Let's chat.