cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated account

HZZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was deactivated since I forgot to pay the bill over 90 days. When I found that, it is already deactivated. I am wondering if I still have a chance to reactive my original phone number.

16 REPLIES 16

blestunning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me. My account got deactivated after 90 days suspension. I had to get a new sim and message a community mobilizer. Anyways I got my old number back after 6 days of deactivation.

@HZZ 

Ok, if you STILL want your old number, then contact one of the Moderators, and see if they can retrieve it for you, but if you don't really care much about re-using that number, just stick with the one you have now.

HZZ

Thank u for helping, I tried to connect with Fido, which is my first provider, they told me they cannot find the number in recycle pool. And I choose a new number. Thank you.

HZZ

Thank u for helping, I tried to connect with Fido, which is my first provider, they told they cannot find the number in recycle pool. And I choose a new number. Thank you.

HZZ

I originally acquired from Fido,I cantacted to them, they told me that they still cannot find the number in their system.

@HZZ wrote:

Thank u for helping me. I tried to call my old number, it is showing me that the number is not in service. I am not sure which provider that my number was belonged to before, I have ever used Fido ,Virgin and public mobile with my number before, what should I do next? 

Uhm.... did you use that same number at all three of those above providers, in that particular order? If so, according to what other folks have said around here, once that number has been deactivated at Public Mobile, it would be returned to Fido, if they were the 1st provider you got that number from.

In any case, I think your best plan would be to do as @Luddite  suggested, and hope you're able to get that number back, if that's your ultimate goal.

@HZZ wrote:

Thank u for helping me. I tried to call my old number, it is showing me that the number is not in service, so what should I do next?

1. Activate a new SIM using an email address that differs from your old PM account.
  2. Pick a suitable number when activating in case your old number cannot be retrieved.
  3. Contact the moderators to request your old number be transferred to your new account.

Never done this so hopefully iot works.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HZZ

Thank u for helping me. I tried to call my old number, it is showing me that the number is not in service. I am not sure which provider that my number was belonged to before, I have ever used Fido ,Virgin and public mobile with my number before, what should I do next? 

@HZZ 

Re-read @popping 's post above, re: the number being a Telus/Koodo/PM number, or not..... you never did say which provider you originally acquired that number from.

HZZ

Thank u for helping me. I tried to call my old number, it is showing me that the number is not in service, so what should I do next?

JonSeltzer

Just phone the old number and see if anyone answer it

@geopublic wrote:

@HZZ  If it's been 90 days or less then yes you can reactivate your account. If it's been greater than 90 days since your last plan renewal then you will need a new account, new sim and a new email to sign up again.

Over 90 days since your last activation OR over 90 days from the day your service was suspended? Presumably the latter.

so @HZZ @has it been suspended for over 90 days or only over 90 days from your last renewal (payment) and maybe notb90 dats since account was suspended?

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HZZ 

90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.  Your number will return to the provider who gave you your number.  Then, your canceled number will be in the recycle pool for 90 days or more before it is assigned to another subscriber.

If you number is from Telus/Koodo/PM, you can ask moderator to look for it in the Telus recycle pool.  If your number is from other providers, it will take more work to get it back and port it to PM again. 

Since you did not missed you number for over 90 days, it is easier to get a new number from PM.

jaherne

A second note: when you activate your sim card there is an option to select a preferred number.

jaherne

Only if the number is still free. They can be recycled quickly (less than 3 months). Trying calling the number to see if someone else answers... if not there is a chance.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HZZ  If it's been 90 days or less then yes you can reactivate your account. If it's been greater than 90 days since your last plan renewal then you will need a new account, new sim and a new email to sign up again.

Need Help? Let's chat.