cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 3, No Service - Sudden and Mysterious~

vivanomadia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

Sounds like I'm one of the unlucky ones. After about a month of great service up here in the Northwest Territories on Public, my service suddenly just stopped.

I use my phone for work and am really needing it get it back up and running this weekend.

Please help @Shazia_K  (I pm'ed my info).

Thanks!

29 REPLIES 29

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I knew I should've recommended updating iOS. Thanks for the update 🙂

vivanomadia

Yay! I'm back. Turns out I just had to update my iphone ios and that seemed to fix everthing.

Thanks, PM. I know it's going to be a great relationship 😉

Rockdaddy22
Perfect

vivanomadia

I will try it in a friend's unlocked iphone today and let you know. Thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@vivanomadia

You won't be able to use data that's for sure as you don't have any usage left 😞 but can you try your SIM card in another unlocked phone? as your calling/texting should be working. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Sorry I misread

Rockdaddy22
Did you turn off roaming?

vivanomadia

I turned it off, rebooted, and no difference. Woman Sad

Rockdaddy22
Good point, just checked, my roaming is off.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

why do you have roaming on? 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

vivanomadia

@Shazia_KThanks but still nothing - just 'searching'. I've been rebooting it for days now..IMG_7906.PNG

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @vivanomadia

I'm sorry about this, 

i see that everything is good on our side, you won't be able to use data as you have already used up all data included in your plan. 

Can you try rebooting your phone? you shouldn't have issues with that. 

Please let me know. 

Rockdaddy22
Did you ever try your sim in another phone?

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K here's someone with no service

vivanomadia

It's Day 6 without a phone / text / voice.

Help, please shazia_k

Rockdaddy22
This is definitely unacceptable, hopefully these get fixed in the morning.

vivanomadia

Thanks @pchan! I have tried everything you suggested but still no dice.  I have no voice / text / data.

My carrier settings show I'm connected to Public Mobile. When I turn off my cellular data it just says 'searching' but doesn't ever find the carrier.  It has been saying 'Searching' since it stopped working days ago.

I will try my SIM in a friend's phone to see if they have any luck.

vivanomadia

Thanks, yes, I have done all that.

@Zenshi wrote:

@Luddite when i try to give a ticket in for support, it says email do not match and i have not found a way around this. I've tried on several devices, cleared cache, logged into self serve then do it, cycle and try everything again.

No dice. Of course I tried messaging and facebook, i'm waiting for a reply on their there.

Super annoying. You need, also then, to request access to your account be reset. That is usually a time sensitive procedure so be sure your have email notification of private messages turned ON.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Zenshi

@Luddite when i try to give a ticket in for support, it says email do not match and i have not found a way around this. I've tried on several devices, cleared cache, logged into self serve then do it, cycle and try everything again.

No dice. Of course I tried messaging and facebook, i'm waiting for a reply on their there.

There seems to be a new bug that affects a few current customers: SERVICE JUST STOPS. Payment is up to date and  account may even say "Active". Robot Frustrated

Do one, or all, of the following:

- post your issue to PM on Facebook/Twitter

- send tech support the webform found by following the "buttons" in this link, https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

- send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond.

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Zenshi

@kav2001c

Yes everything checks out on my self serve, same with @vivanmadia

out services just stopped working and it seems to be an 'error' or a bug going around.

when i call my number from another phone it says "XUC1 this number is not registered"

Yikes!

vivanomadia

Yup, Active!

vivanomadia

I still have an online account - says active.

pchan

Try this.

1) If you have no service at all (voice, text and data), go to carrier settings on your phone and check who you are connected too. You should be connected to 'Public Mobile'.

Regardless of whether you are connected to 'Public Mobile' or not turn off automatic carrier selection. Your phone will start search for all the carriers around you. It will take some time so go for a coffee and come back after a while. You should get a list of carriers in your area e.g., Bell, Rogers, etc..., but you should see also 'Public Mobile', select 'Public Mobile' and see if you have service. You can try to select 'Bell' and you'll see No Service because you aren't a Bell customer. If you don't see 'Public Mobile' then there is an issue with 'Public Mobile' (or Telus). If you see 'Telus' try it too, but it actually shouldn't appear as your sim should map it to 'Public Mobile'. 

- note if you cannot get a list of carriers keeping trying but be patient and don't flip back and forth between automatic and off as it is searching...

2) If the above doesn't address your issue try your sim in another phone to see if it is something related to your phone. The probability of this being the issue is lower. 

3) If you just have issues with no data try http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-Settings/td-p/16973. Also enable your data roaming. 

If none of the above hold on for a mod. Goodluck

@vivanomadia & @Zenshi

Be careful with terminated... a couple posters (including myself) had issues where Public Mobile system had somehow given phone number to another person

Check what your online status is

Call your own number to confirm service status

This kind of bug can be serious 

Zenshi

Same, it seems its a bug going around, mine also terminated. All we have to do is give some patience, theres not much more we can do.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have access to online account? Is it showing line is suspended, cancelled, etc?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

How does your account looking? Is it active? 

Need Help? Let's chat.