cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

alicia_dawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have about 2 gbs of Data left and for some reason I cant use it. if i go to google it says I am offline but I am not. whats happening what do i do to get it to work???

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alicia_dawn, if you are getting this total from self serve remember that the risks are only updated twice a day

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alicia_dawn also, make sure you didn't accidentally turn off your mobile data.  It's easy enough to do via the quick toggles on your phone and not even realize it.  I'm speaking from personal experience here--it's happened a few times.  The most recent time, I meant to toggle my phone's nite mode (blue light filter) and accidentally tapped the mobile data toggle, which is directly underneath the night mode toggle.  A short while later I wondered why my data-based apps weren't working.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alicia_dawn wrote:

Hi, I have about 2 gbs of Data left and for some reason I cant use it. if i go to google it says I am offline but I am not. whats happening what do i do to get it to work???

No other site either?

As a possible quick fix:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alicia_dawn, what meter are you using that says you have 2 gigs of data left?  Is that the information from the self serve account overview?  That is the official meter. 

With respect to why data would suddenly stop with usage still remaining, there is a possibility that data limits were set on the phone.  Android devices allow the user to set limits and once the usage limit is reached, data usage is stopped. 

Need Help? Let's chat.