cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Melannlissa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data wont work Ive tried reseting phone and taking out sim card. I also tried to manually enter the vpn. ?? I pay for data that wont work!!

7 REPLIES 7

@TK123 wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@TK123 wrote:

for some reason, "cellular data" was off - strange occurence, had not seen this happen before - on my iphone

I did not turn this off, so Public Mobile must have (did not know Public Mobile had this ability - maybe through a carrier update?).

No, Public Mobile does not have this ability.  It is possible/likely that you swiped up and tapped on the green "cell antenna" button (right beside the airplane mode button) and turned off cellular data.  You don't even have to unlock the phone to do this...

Yes, that is likely what happened - most likely my fault, my mistake!

At least it didn't work the other way around where you mean to turn it off to save data and then accidently use gigabytes watching videos or download files, and you didn't know you weren't connected to your wireless router.

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@TK123 wrote:

for some reason, "cellular data" was off - strange occurence, had not seen this happen before - on my iphone

I did not turn this off, so Public Mobile must have (did not know Public Mobile had this ability - maybe through a carrier update?).

No, Public Mobile does not have this ability.  It is possible/likely that you swiped up and tapped on the green "cell antenna" button (right beside the airplane mode button) and turned off cellular data.  You don't even have to unlock the phone to do this...

Yes, that is likely what happened - most likely my fault, my mistake!

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TK123 wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Melannlissa wrote:

My data wont work Ive tried reseting phone and taking out sim card. I also tried to manually enter the vpn. ?? I pay for data that wont work!!

Are you a new customer?  What type of phone are you useing as some manufacturers require a network or even factory reset.   If you can help us out with some more information that would be great

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Melannlissa wrote:

Had the same issue - happened immediately after plan renewal TODAY - for some reason, "cellular data" was off - strange occurence, had not seen this happen before - on my iphone, I clicked "Settings" "Cellular" and then turned "Cellular Data" to ON - working fine now.  I did not turn this off, so Public Mobile must have (did not know Public Mobile had this ability - maybe through a carrier update?).

mh1983

Did it work at some point and it stopped? Or it never worked. What plan are you on? What phone? We need more details to help. 

Psygineer

@Melannlissa wrote:

Not VPN, APN, it's a different thing. If you are playing in the VPN settings that can definately bork your data plan (if the VPN doesn't work). 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

If manually setting your APN doesn't work, check to see if you have it disabled in your network settings (or sometimes in your notification pull down). 

Need Help? Let's chat.