cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Tessieboo1952
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  The past 10 days or so, I’ve been having trouble with my data.  I have a new Samsung A15 5G.  My plan is 50GB of data, unlimited calling across Canada and the US…@ $34.00+tax.  I couldn’t access my data for quite a few days, & I tried all that has been suggested here.  Through here, I found a site that gave APN’s for all the different brands of phones and the different providers.  I updated the APN for my phone.  Now data is working, but it’s extremely slow - it takes up to 10 minutes for anything to open.  So, I’m wondering if anyone here has experienced this problem.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@Tessieboo1952 wrote:

@will13am

Thank you for your reply.  I don’t know what happened to the data.  One day it was working fine, the next day, it wasn’t.  I had checked the APN, and nothing had changed there.  I tried everything else that had been suggested to other people with in this community who had experienced similar problems.  Within these suggestions, someone had provided a link for APN’s for different brands of phones, so I tapped on my phone and PM as the provider, and some of the entries there were different than mine.  So, I changed them.  
To all who have tried to help me, thank you.  For some reason unknown to me, everything seems to be fine now.  It took a couple of hours, but it’s now responding faster.  Technology can be strange at times.

@Tessieboo1952 , APNs are not device dependent.  There are two APNs that work with this service.  Both can be used with any device.  As for slow data, I experienced a bit of it tonight when walking around the neighborhood.  I usually switch to a 5G connection about half dozen houses down the street and receive fast data speed.  Today, I did not establish a 5G connection until about 500 m from home.  The phone hung onto an LTE connection that is quite a distance away for longer than normal.  It is not that LTE speeds are slow.  It is just that the LTE tower is much further away than the 5G tower and from a long distance the data speed is pretty horrible.  

Tessieboo1952

@will13am

Thank you for your reply.  I don’t know what happened to the data.  One day it was working fine, the next day, it wasn’t.  I had checked the APN, and nothing had changed there.  I tried everything else that had been suggested to other people with in this community who had experienced similar problems.  Within these suggestions, someone had provided a link for APN’s for different brands of phones, so I tapped on my phone and PM as the provider, and some of the entries there were different than mine.  So, I changed them.  
To all who have tried to help me, thank you.  For some reason unknown to me, everything seems to be fine now.  It took a couple of hours, but it’s now responding faster.  Technology can be strange at times.

Tessieboo1952

@slusagm 

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, the phone is for Canadian market.  

@Tessieboo1952 wrote:

@will13am 

Thank you for reply.  I know, it’s very strange.  It was working perfectly until about 10 days ago.  I was waiting for an appointment, and while waiting, I wanted to google a few things, but my data wouldn’t work.  I left that office and tried again in my car, wouldn’t work there either. It wouldn’t work at home because the area where I live doesn’t receive a good signal…the towers need to be updated, so no one in my neighborhood receives a good signal.  Where I am right now, there’s a good signal, and I’m thankful that it’s working again, but as I stated, very, very slow.  I’m really at a loss.  Anyway thank you!

@Tessieboo1952 , was it an incorrect APN that disrupted the data?  I doubt it.  APN changes are rare, if ever.  There has only been one change for MMS, mobile data was unaffected.  Generally the over the air updates took care of the APN change.  Could it be that your phone has a data usage limit set and that limit was reached?  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

is that an A15 for Canadian market or overseas?? if you bought from small shops, it could be an overseas model, could be why APN was not 100% correct 

you try your sim in another phone?

Tessieboo1952

@will13am 

Thank you for reply.  I know, it’s very strange.  It was working perfectly until about 10 days ago.  I was waiting for an appointment, and while waiting, I wanted to google a few things, but my data wouldn’t work.  I left that office and tried again in my car, wouldn’t work there either. It wouldn’t work at home because the area where I live doesn’t receive a good signal…the towers need to be updated, so no one in my neighborhood receives a good signal.  Where I am right now, there’s a good signal, and I’m thankful that it’s working again, but as I stated, very, very slow.  I’m really at a loss.  Anyway thank you!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tessieboo1952 , APN settings do not change data speed.  If you have the correct APN, then data will work and that is about it.  The slow data could be due to local network factors.  It seems odd that you had to make APN changes to make the data work in the first place.  

Need Help? Let's chat.