cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data useage posting on account

StevePapa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Just looking at my detailed bill and usage of data and noticed that the data (MB's) post daily typically between 12 pm-1 pm. I want to see if anyone in the community can validate that this data use is for the accumulated usage for the entire day and not for activity in this time period. 

As it is too ironic to have high data use every day between 12-1 pm so I am assuming this is Public Mobile billing cycle for data. 

Looking for some verification on this. 

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael77 wrote:

@Dan,

When I say posted, I am talking about the data usage only.  I am able to see the data on my overview screen increase as I use it. It does take more time to post my data usage on the "Usage History" screen.

@Michael77 this is correct, there are two different ways to see your data usage:

On the Overview page when you first sign in, in the my-add ons section, you can see how much in total you have used.  This is updated real-time or near real-time;  If you go into the usage history and look through that, your data usage is posted once per day during the overnight processing.  This is all normal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dan,

When I say posted, I am talking about the data usage only.  I am able to see the data on the Overview screen increase as I use it. It does take more time to post my data usage on the "Usage History" screen.

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For me it usually posts once or twice a day (once when in the morning or afternoon I'm on WiFi the whole time, twice if I had usage both before and after posting time). When I have 2 posts a day, the time shown is always the same for that date, like 10:05 (I believe that is 10:05 AM and 10:05 PM). However, from day to day, the time shifts to different hours, but usually around the same minute of the hour, so I see 9:04, 3:04, 2:03 and so on. What I'm talking about here is the usage history tab, not the Add-on usage tab or the Overview tab.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. It always posts twice a day either with an actual value or just with 0 MB, sometimes it is exactly the same time on the same day (10:05 and 10:05), other times it is one hour off (10:05 and 9:05).

Raven_Jet

Awesome thanks for confirming 🙂

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Raven_Jet wrote:

Data usage is posted pretty much instantly. When I use data and log into self serve, I see what's been used. Is that what you are talking about?

maybe it's changed now?

@Raven_Jet and @StevePapa,

I just did a test and I am confirming that the data usage is posted instantly. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I rely on the Android data tracker plus the data witness PM app.  The two don't agree 100% with account logs over a 90 day cycle, but they are within acceptable margin of error.  To that end, I don't really concern myself with hourly logs in my account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Do you have a data tracker like my data manager? It's really great and accurate.

StevePapa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your reply. Yes it is. I don't believe it posts instantly (data) as texts and calls are by the actual usage event as it is very detailed. 

Given we we cannot ask Public a Mobile staff I guess we truly will never know the real answer to this. I am going with assumption all data for period gets posted as many of my days are 100+ MB and only 1 data entry for usage is posted on my bill. 

Thanks

Raven_Jet

Data usage is posted pretty much instantly. When I use data and log into self serve, I see what's been used. Is that what you are talking about?

maybe it's changed now?

Need Help? Let's chat.