cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data use despite being off

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't particularly mind since it is so minimal, but with my data off and only WiFi on, why would there be any usage?!Screenshot_20200721-091821~2.png

3 REPLIES 3

@gblackma wrote:

@rossputin there's a data buffer of slightly over 5mb that comes out whenever you enable your data. Its returned over time. Logging out, Turning your data off and enabling and disabling aeroplane mode should see it come off of your account. If you log back into your self service account it should be gone. But one you re enable data. Stay safe. 

That's not the case here. That buffer is is rougly 5.3MB, while this usage is only showing 0.006MB.

@rossputin wrote:

I don't particularly mind since it is so minimal, but with my data off and only WiFi on, why would there be any usage?!Screenshot_20200721-091821~2.png

0.006MB is so little that I would not even think twice about it. That could happen if data is enabled (even accidently) and you're away from Wi-Fi even for a split second. If you're using an iPhone device, there's also a Wi-Fi assist feature that uses data if the Wi-Fi connection is weak.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin there's a data buffer of slightly over 5mb that comes out whenever you enable your data. Its returned over time. Logging out, Turning your data off and enabling and disabling aeroplane mode should see it come off of your account. If you log back into your self service account it should be gone. But once you re enable data. Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.