cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage-

Lyndz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My monthly subscription renewed today.

I have not left the house, and have been connected to WIFI the entire time. 

I have already used 1/10 of my data.  This doesn't make any sense. 

Anybody else with these types of experiences?

Lyndsey  

23 REPLIES 23

Jack34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is still odd that it isn’t consistent. I have a friend with PM and I asked them to check out their account.  They do not have the 'buffer'.  In July, my data usage bounced up and down - into the red and then way back down.  I would just like to be able to trust that it is working properly!  

hi @Jack34 PM always have to set aside 5Mb or so daily for data.  But that does not take away your usable data amount (ie, if you are on 250Mb plan, you still can use 250 mb and not just 245)

look like they have to set aside 100Mb now. But we believe you cam still use 250Mb and not 150 if you have a 250mb plan 

Jack34

I am not exactly sure what you mean by buffer (so you don't go over before they do their daily updates?).  If so, why don’t they just say this…

hi @Jack34 the 100mb up could be a new norm now as it is a "buffer" usage.  But we still hope PM cam confirm 

Jack34

Thanks for your reply.   Turning the data off when home is odd advice given that it is not your usage that is that is the problem.  It will be interesting to see if it stays 'fixed'.  Mine was fixed once and is now always 100 mb up.  

swiz

My issue seems to be resolved.  I did put in a ticket but they suggested Turing off mobile data when at home which wasn't great.  Interestingly enough my data usage reset the following day for no known reason seeing as I'm still 27 days from my rest.  Regardless after that my data consumption seems to be normal.

Jack34

please post if you can get it fixed.  

Lyndz

I have gone through this with them before.  So annoying. 😞

Lyndz

Yes- have had same problems in the past.  I have sent a couple of texts and one photo- and my 2/10th of my data have been used by this.  

Jack34

they said they would look into it and would I give him a good review….

swiz

I will submit a ticket, but I just ran a test. On the app, I can refresh at 1-minute intervals, and doing nothing else, I see my data go up 100MB. I was able to do this three times consecutively. 

hi @swiz one thing to keep in mind, PM only posts the usage for the day on usage history page shortly after midnight, so, whatever you used this morni5is not show up there yet but if the discrepancy is a lot, submit a ticket and ask support agent

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

swiz

I am a new customer as of 36 hours ago and have the 50GB plan.  The app and the website show I have used 4.8GB of data, but when I download my usage, it's closer to 500MB.  I was at home 99% of the time because I was sick, so there is no way this is correct.  I'll be submitting my own ticket, but I wanted to share. 

@ld_in_on1  I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on the 250mb myself. So far it's ok

@Lyndz that's 😔.  I will not be forced switch because of this.  They need to fix.

hi @Jack34 but PM support agent replied?? What did they say?

Jack34

I have the same problem.  I put in a ticket but the problem

was never solved. 

myan8

I have 2 phones on the 250mb plan, and had the same problem. Contacted them to fix , one was fixed on the last renewal and still on them to fix the second one. and that was 2 months ago.

Lyndz

I used to have a 250mb plan, but switched up to 1GB plan (you are right) because of this reason- and yet, remain with same problem. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lyndz 

what plan do you have? and how much data used so far?

you can also use your phone's data usage to track your usage.  If you are on iphone, you need to reset the statistics monthly on the first day of your PM cycle

and if you still have question with your usage, why not ask support agent to check.

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

ld_in_on1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has been going on for about a month now to users.

Let me guess, you are on a 1GB plan and 100mb is shown as used.

There  have been others that have posted. 

You're right, 100mb is 10% of your usage, but others on a 250mb plan seem to be very  concerned.

I haven't seen any response from  PM as of yet why this is happening.

@Sansan, a refresh  won't  help.

Adding, I first noticed this on my August renewal.   My plan is 50GB,so I wasn't  worried cause I don't  even come close to my limit. Tomorrow is my next renewal  and I suspect  it will probably show up again.

Lyndz

Have tried that several times. 😞

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndz  sometimes refreshing the settings helps to clear any incorrect info.

Need Help? Let's chat.