cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems just got worse

Sandy20367
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wasn't able to used my data for the past days cause it keep telling me nonsense so since I speak to you all just over half an hour ago my data went from only using 1.47 to the exact to 9.3 even though I have been talking to you on my wifi at home still can't connect to anything if I turned off my wifi so how did I used all that when it's not been working for day's 

I need to know where I can bring my phone to talk to someone in person cause this is wrong 

14 REPLIES 14

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 it seems this is a problem with the s10. do you know if you had a system update recently? you can try doing a hard restart.

1. Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet. 
  2. While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well. 
  3. Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy S10 logo shows on the screen.
  4. Once the phone is done restarting turn on your mobile data and try it out

@Sandy20367  resetting your network should also allow to change your data limits if its stuck. Here's an article on resetting your data limits and warnings 

https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/samsung_galaxys10/setting_a_mobile_data_usage_limit.html#step=1

Stay safe 

Sandy20367

Thank you very much 

Sandy20367

Thank you very much I'll try that

You can use the 3 dots on the top right side of your post to remove your solution. Thanks.

Sandy20367

I did all that my data usage limit was ok this morning but I couldn't use it for the past days I try moving the 2GB marker that automatically comes on but still wasn't able to use 

Thanks @Sandy20367  Try resetting your network settings 

performing the steps below, the following are cleared or restored to default values:

• Cellular and Wi-Fi network settings (including saved networks and passwords)
  • Bluetooth®

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
     These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings 

> General management > Reset.
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset settings.
     If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.
Enable data, restart your phone, re-enter your wifi password if applicable. Take it off wifi and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Let us know if this doesn't work. 

@Sandy20367 I am sorry but this is  online only. No stores for public that can help you with this issue if you like you can click on the? Bottom right hand corner and asked Simon to speak to a human then a moderator will contact youTo help you with your issue

Sandy20367

I noticed I hit the button that say resolved but I was just trying to answer you

Sandy20367

I do know that but am only explaining what happened and ask if there is stores open so I can go directly and speak to someone 

Sandy20367

I am using a S10 I am only able to use my wifi cause if I try to use data it say try again 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can view your usage in your Self-Serve account by clicking on the Plan and Add-Ons tab, then on Data & Add-On Usage. Here, you will find a summary of your data usage for the current billing cycle. Alternatively, if you’re interested in seeing your your last 90 days worth of usage, you can select Usage History which is also under the Plans and Add-Ons tab.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 What's the make and model of your phone? And if you enable data can you send an mms text message?  Thanks. 

2 things there is a 5mb buffer whenever you access data, it's returned to you. And you will use a small increment of data as the phone runs it's checks. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 Good morning first let me tell you that you are on a public website with customers just like yourself we do not work for public we can help with Issues if you go into your self serve account and check data and add-ons it will tell you exactly how much data you have left you can also check to see where you use your data in your usage if you do not have a self-serve account set up use the email that you used when you signed up and create a password good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.