cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only works after restarting phone

MaPa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm having troubles using my datas on my phone. APN is set alright, and if I restart my phone, everything works just fine. But whenever I desable datas though my settings (because I only have 250mo), then enables them a few days later, it's not working anymore. Basically I must restart my phone every time I want to re-enable datas in order to make it work. This is a tad annoying and I really would like to be able to just enable/disable datas without restarting the phone all the time. Does anyone has any idea how this could be fixed? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Michelle70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having this issue right now as well. I cant text or call out it says data is disabled. I have lots of data and even if I have my data in phone turned on it still wont send and I cant call out. when  I restart my phone it works again. 

@MaPa wrote:

My phone is pretty old indeed, it's a moto G (1st gen).
I haven't tried with the air plane mode. Usually the phone "remembers" for at least a few hours, to maybe about a day. But if I stay too long without using the data (like a couple of days, which happens a lot in my case), then it won't work.

@MaPa  Also a good idea to clear the app cache and uninstall any apps that are not being used to see if it helps.

MaPa

It doesn't seem to be related to battery/charge level...

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Could it be the phone shutting down cellular to save battery life? Maybe a battery saving app? 

MaPa

My phone is pretty old indeed, it's a moto G (1st gen).
I haven't tried with the air plane mode. Usually the phone "remembers" for at least a few hours, to maybe about a day. But if I stay too long without using the data (like a couple of days, which happens a lot in my case), then it won't work.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MaPa wrote:

Hi,

I'm having troubles using my datas on my phone. APN is set alright, and if I restart my phone, everything works just fine. But whenever I desable datas though my settings (because I only have 250mo), then enables them a few days later, it's not working anymore. Basically I must restart my phone every time I want to re-enable datas in order to make it work. This is a tad annoying and I really would like to be able to just enable/disable datas without restarting the phone all the time. Does anyone has any idea how this could be fixed? Thank you!

@MaPa  That should not be happening. Sounds like an issue with your phone settings. What type of a phone is it? What happens when you put it in airpalne mode and back. Does data work?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@MaPa wrote:

Hi,

Expect it's your phone that cannot "remember" the carrier settings. What is make/model that you use?

I have the same plan and find it easier to manage by leaving data on but restricting access to only the few apps I need while driving.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.