cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data notification

Jesss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you get a text or email

message when you are getting close to using your data limit for the month?

thanks 🙂

22 REPLIES 22

@Peteym wrote:

No it’s run out am due for auto renewal tomorrow. Thank you, will do everything you suggested 😀

@Peteym You cannot renew early on the same plan by yourself. You need to contact a moderator for help with this. The alternative is to buy a data add on (rolls over each month till all used) or change plan.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Peteym wrote:

No it’s run out am due for auto renewal tomorrow. Thank you, will do everything you suggested 😀

Go to self service and choose Change Sim Card and make sure the last 4 digits match the numbers in the sim card in your phone in case you were sim jacked. If your renewal is tomorrow your phone should still be working atm.

Edit: when you say paid monthly fee, do you mean add money to Available Funds? OR did you choose change plans?

Peteym

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Peteym wrote:

Hi, 

I just paid my monthly fee and restarted my phone but it’s not picking up the subscription please activate 

thank you 

Were you up for renewal? What does it say in self service for Account Status? Active?

- reset network settings

- try reboot phone

- take sim card out and put back in and reboot

- put on airplane mode for a few minutes, take off and reboot

Peteym

Hi, 

I just paid my monthly fee and restarted my phone but it’s not picking up the subscription please activate 

thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andlock wrote:

Hi, I having more problems again, sorry. I am still not sure if this is the right way to communicate? I had forgot to active and new VISA so I am late on my account but have added $20.00. The VISA should work my. DL

@andlock 

So was your account suspended and you had no service?

What is your balance in Available Funds?

What is your plan?

What happens when you click the reactivate button upper right if you are suspended?

(funny how some posts slip through the cracks...nice pick up computergeek541)

@andlock wrote:

Hi, I having more problems again, sorry. I am still not sure if this is the right way to communicate? I had forgot to active and new VISA so I am late on my account but have added $20.00. The VISA should work my. DL

If you have ran out of data, simply adding funds to the account does not re-enable it. To get data working again, you would need to purchase a data add-on.

andlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your response. Yes that's the message I saw on my account. Good to know what it means.

If it appears under data and add-ons xxxx/5120 then it is still in your account.

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, 

I checked my account and saw that I still have 5G of data. I'm wondering if the moderator can check my account and let me know if that is still included in my account? I wasn't sure how to read the notation in my my account. It looked like that is still part of my usage. 

Thank you. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lawrence1 wrote:

I don't remember the email I entered looks like Lawrence 1 for some reason  I use my normal email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx can I re-enter my contact info  

Please see the information provided earlier in the thread. Public Mobile does not send e-mail messages about data usage.

Hi @Lawrence1 as already stated more than once above, no email messages about data.

Now, if you cannot remember the email address that is used as your username on your self-serve account, then only the moderators can help you.  And as you already contacted the moderators, please continue your conversation with mods as per mods reply above.  Do not post your reply to the mods in the forums, click on the envelope icon above and check your incoming mail and answer the moderator's message there.  Good luck!

@Lawrence1 wrote:

I don't remember the email I entered looks like Lawrence 1 for some reason  I use my normal email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx can I re-enter my contact info  

Please see the information provided earlier in the thread. Public Mobile does not send e-mail messages about data usage.

Lawrence1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address

"Public Mobile here..." notifications sent to your phone at 75% and at 95% thresholds.

At 100% your data halts. All attempts to access data on your device are redirected by PM's servers to PM's "Why don't I have any more data? How do I get more data?" info page.

But the % notifications are only accurate with Plan data. If you have any Add-on data then they are often wrong and unreliable.

You can track data usage by installing a data usage app - most phones even have this software built-in these days. Such software can only measure device-side data consumption (not data network-side data transmission) so it's never entirely accurate, but it's still accurate enough for most purposes and will still let you guess how much data you have left.

You can always login Self-Serve to check how much data remains. (This itself uses data, lol, but you don't have to do it from your mobile device.)

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi Jess,

I am following up on your case, and please let me know if everything is solved as you wished for! 
Kindly note, that the system will close the case after 24 hours, if this message is left unanswered!
But do not forget - for any matter or concern you can reach us or the community, or our best chatbot Simon. We are here to help - 24/7! 🙂

AND

Thank you so much and I wish you an amazing  day!
Kind regards,

Claudia_M

@Jesss A reminder that if you're discussing anything account specific or verifying that the account belongs to you, do NOT reply here and post any such information. Anything of that sort should be done privately by sending a private message to Moderator_Team.  Messages here can be seen by anyone.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Jess,

I am following up on your case, and please let me know if everything is solved as you wished for! 
Kindly note, that the system will close the case after 24 hours, if this message is left unanswered!
But do not forget - for any matter or concern you can reach us or the community, or our best chatbot Simon. We are here to help - 24/7! 🙂

AND

Thank you so much and I wish you an amazing  day!
Kind regards,

Claudia_M

@Jesss wrote:

thanks 🙂

There are the text messages that have spoken of, but there will be no e-mail messages.

Jesss

@Gunner123 
Thanks so much for your help:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jesss wrote:

thanks 🙂

You'll get a text at 75% and 95% and possibly somewhat recently even when you've reached 100%. I also understand it's for all data available, not just the plan data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can also track your data usage if you are using an Android phone with an app called Data Witness.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jesss wrote:

thanks 🙂

@Jesss the data warnings are automatic.   There is no set up required.  You will get SMS notifications when you hit the 75% and 90% usage levels.  Customer cannot change these warning limits.  It is all preprogrammed into the system.

Need Help? Let's chat.