cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Rhonda28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I just signed up yesterday and I am finding my data will not work. I have followed all of SIMon's instructions to set my APN up but nothing is working. According to the live chat before I signed up they told me my phone was compatible with this network. 

14 REPLIES 14

Rhonda28

Thank you. 

@Rhonda28 if there are any extra APN settings stored on the phone, try deleting all of them and reset the main APN to default. then do a network reset and restart

@Rhonda28 wrote:

You mean just restarting your phone? I've done that about 6 times now. Still nothing.

We're talking about a factory reset. This is a software problem on many LG phones. If you end up needing to do that, back anything up you wish to keep but a factory reset will delete everything.

Rhonda28

You mean just restarting your phone? I've done that about 6 times now. Still nothing.

Rhonda28

I reset my network settings twice. No luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhonda28 wrote:

Android. LG G5

LG's are known to often need some resets. Even down to a full factory reset. Back up data that you want to keep before that of course.

But start with resetting network settings.

shilparamamurth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue when I joined a few months back. A restart did the trick for ne

Rhonda28

I have rebooted it. Set APN sings with the Simon robot.

Rhonda28

Yes I restarted it. Not familiar with "fly mode".

Rhonda28

Android. LG G5

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rhonda28 

If you have an iPhone the APN is just isp.mb.com with the username and password fields blank. If your account is in good standing with available funds, then while signed into your self serve visit the link below:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/

Try reporting your device as stolen then log out. Log back in and reactive your service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Rhonda28 Welcome to PM. Did you try restarting your phone / using fly mode / taking out sim for a few mins ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhonda28 wrote:

Hi there. I just signed up yesterday and I am finding my data will not work. I have followed all of SIMon's instructions to set my APN up but nothing is working. According to the live chat before I signed up they told me my phone was compatible with this network. 

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Is this an Android phone or iOS phone?

What is the make/model/submodel?

Sometimes there can be little variations in the APN details on Androids.

Need Help? Let's chat.