cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

DmcDohko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

fairly new to the community as I joined with the $40 12gb promo a few weeks ago or so. Everything has been working great with PM from reception to data without any problems. This evening, however, my data stopped working all of a sudden and hasn't been working for over an hour. During the day I allowed my friend to use my hotspot but nothing was done in order to consume a huge amount of my data (no videos, no downloading - just playing a game). In fact, I checked my usage and I've only used 940mb/12gb. So I'm not sure what the problem is... the display shows "Public mobile LTE" but as soon as I try to search something in google (also tried websites in safari) a little loading dile appears next to the writing and it just won't load.

Is anyone else (in Ontario) experiencing this? Or does anyone know what the problem might be? (hotspot is turned off and everything else works as normal on the phone (iphone 7 plus).

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

DmcDohko

I reeboted the phone and the data seems to be working again... dumb of me to not have rebooted sooner...

however I did notice that under settings > cellular > cellular data options > cellular data network it only shows the personal hotspot APN and I can't locate the regular cellular APN anywhere. Is this normal? Turning on the hotspot must have definitely tampered with the settings...

Anyways thank you both for your help!

ayoung3366

Double check your APN settings as it should look like this:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

To check just go in the phone's cellular settings if you haven't done so yet.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If everything else is working fine except data chances are there is some setting that has been modified/changed. Reboot the phone, double check APN settings and make sure they match this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

If you can try your sim in another phone even better.

DmcDohko

What about the APN settings?

However, as I said I haven't had any issues whatsoever prior to today and have been using data no problem for the past 3 weeks.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would start by double checking the APN settings on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.