cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working?

snowback
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. New user. IPhone XR iOS16

Cannot access internet. Have tried setting up APN as suggested by SIMON but interface is different from what he suggested. Phone seems to be functioning fine.

I have looked through previous questions but don’t see anything that seems pertinent beyond what I have already tried. I have toggled airplane mode, rebooted phone and reset network settings. My account appears to be active. Not sure what I am missing. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

snowback

“Account Status : Active”

What is your status in your My Account?

snowback

Checked for outages but found none. 
Calling and texting in/out has not been extensively tested, but all have been successful at least once.

If the device was working fine before changing SIMs, and calling and texting are ok (data problems only) could the SIM be defective?

@snowback 

contact customer support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

snowback

The phone is fine, was working with a different SIM before putting in the PM SIM. Phone was purchased directly from Apple 4-ish years ago.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Trying the sim into another phone (as @gpixel suggested) is a good test here to rule out a device issue @snowback .

If the data still doesn't work, and you double checked you have data left on My Account, check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

edit to ask..is calling and texting in/out working okay?

do you have a different sim from a different provider you can try in the device? is this a CPO phone from PM? it could be defective... I would start with a factory reset if you bought from PM

snowback

Yes, data in on.

Yes, I have data to use.

All apps are turned on.

Phone has been rebooted.

Thanks.

Is data switch on

do you have data left to use....check in your My Account

look further down.....do you have some APPS turned off from accessing data 

reboot phone. 

snowback

Yes, this is what mine looks like as well.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Same phone. Same iOS. 

B7B11C2F-D025-415B-BDED-3580575701A3.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.