cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not available

richie99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just bought an 8gb data add on and it hasn't registered on my phone. I have an iphone 4s and have never had a data plan before.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

richie99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks heaps, it worked!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@richie99Two possible things...

- Did you do the two step process of buying an add-on.  First part - you add funds to your account to cover the cost of the add-on.  Second part - you do the actual purchase of the add-on.

- Is data enabled on your phone?  Have you checked the APN settings on your phone?

@Alex888 wrote:

First, make sure that the data is showing up on your main account page. If it is then check that your data is on, then try going into your account and reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone.

@Anonymous 

There is no 8GB add-on... But I think your's and @Alex888's lines of thought might point to another potential source for issues.

@richie99 

Have you just signed up? Changed plans?

Can you please post a screen shot of your account overview and payment history pages? Blank out any personal information like name, phone and account numbers, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richie99 wrote:

Just bought an 8gb data add on and it hasn't registered on my phone. I have an iphone 4s and have never had a data plan before.

Thanks

Surely (don't call me Shirley) you mean an 8gb plan. There isn't a single 8gb add-on. You would have spent $240 on 8 1gb add-ons. Betcha didn't.

Did you have service with PM before getting this 8gb plan? If so, did you do an immediate plan change or change for your next renewal?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@richie99 Is your phone model an A1431, A1387, or A1387 GSM? A1387 CDMA will not work with PM data and both A1431 China and A1387 GSM can only access 3G data not 4 LTE, Public Mobile data is all 4 LTE (3G is throttled LTE) so your may get data in some locations but coverage isn't great. You can look up more information at https://willmyphonework.net/

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

First, make sure that the data is showing up on your main account page. If it is then check that your data is on, then try going into your account and reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richie99Two possible things...

- Did you do the two step process of buying an add-on.  First part - you add funds to your account to cover the cost of the add-on.  Second part - you do the actual purchase of the add-on.

- Is data enabled on your phone?  Have you checked the APN settings on your phone?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@richie99 wrote:

Thanks

@richie99 

@CalgaryBenhas put together an amazing collection of information for iOS users. Please follow the according instructions in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118/highlight...

Need Help? Let's chat.