cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data no working (iPhone)

estherm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data has stopped working about a month ago. My payment is up to date and my plan includes 1.5 G of data, but shows no usage. I can't do anything internet-based out of WiFi range. The network seems to be the right one.

I thought the problem was my old iPhone; I bought a new one, but it still doesn't work.

8 REPLIES 8

estherm

Yes, I've checked. Not the answer in this case

estherm

Nope, checked, but thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@estherm 

If you purchased a new iPhone from any mobile providers or Apple store in Canada, it should be working.

Try to connect your new iPhone to iTune on a PC to update your iPhone with the PM specific profile file to configure your APN setting.

If nothing works with the recommendation from this thread, you need to create a support ticket using the Chatbot(SIMon) link at the bottom of this page to get help from CS Agent.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@estherm - you have not been able to use your data for about 1 month now !?

But it was working in the older iphone prior to 1 month ago? 

Ensure that data line is showing in your self serve, then try:

• toggling into/out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Can you try the SIM card into another phone (yes, i know you just got a new phone), just to make sure data does not still work? If it still doesn't work then see what CSA could tell you about your account. 

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@estherm 

As mentioned make sure your mobile data is enabled. Is your carrier profile up to date? Connect to iTunes and update the profile.

You have 1.5gb of data? Are you on the old $35/1.5gb plan? You may want to schedule a change plan on next renewal to the new $35/3gb plan. Or if you dont use much data (not lately anyways!) then maybe the $25/1gb plan is better for you and will save you $10/30 days.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@estherm 

You probably checked already but double check your Settings>Cellular>see if Cellular Data is enabled.

Also try rebooting your phone by powering off your phone and wait 2 minutes then power back on.

@estherm 

As @BKNS27  mentioned. And also check the switches below to allow or disallow specific apps from using Data. 

Also did you do a side by side copy of old phone to new phone? It is possible that you have your data "on" but all switches are "off". Or did you do the new phone all manually? Or from an iTunes backup?  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@estherm 

You probably checked already but double check your Settings>Cellular>see if Cellular Data is enabled.

Also try rebooting your phone by powering off your phone and wait 2 minutes then power back on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@estherm , if your self serve account is active and there is no mention of available data on the overview tab, that means the data has been used up for the current plan cycle.  If this is not the case, check that mobile data has not been disabled on the phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.