cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not working

cava2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data has been slow since yesterday that I can’t event get online. Why? And how to solve the problem. I tried restart my phone and reconnect the data. And my area is strong connect as before I had no problem with connecting. The problem just happened from yesterday

14 REPLIES 14

dylandong121

I send a message through the link in this thread. The customer support refreshed the network for me and the speed is normal now.

george123456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its' been happening in Vancouver area since last week.
Did all the resets blah blah blah blah
Had a CS on the line, they elevated it, they couldn't do a thing
Got a call, went through all the hoops again, they wanted screenshots, told them to go to the forums, its everywehere.
Elevated again on Monday, still waiting for call back or resolution.

Skimby14

same issue. Was offline all day yesterday in the lower mainland, and today it's painfully slow

@cava2024   You need to be logged in to this community for the link to customer service to work, you should get a message box pre-addressed to customer service agents where you just need to fill in the title, the problem and then hit send.  Try again, you should be logged in if you can comment in this community.  If you're not logged in you'll just get the search box.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

cava2024

I wonder if anyone knows their contact information. It seems that a group of us have the same issue. It should be the system not us

Marcus604

Same issue here, have tried

• restart phone (iphone)
  • toggle airplane mode
  • switch to LTE only
  • switch to 5G only
  • reset network settings

cava2024

Thanks for your answers. I clicked the link you posted. However, there is not place for me to write up. It’s only shows that ‘Search’

dylandong121

Same problem here. In Vancouver and Burnaby. Starting from last Saturday.

LEFlem

I’m in the same boat. Located in Vancouver and I’ve been having intermittent moments with no data at all. I’ve tried some simple fixes but it seems like it’s always just a matter of time. 

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have another device you can test it on with your sim card?
If youre getting the same result from another device too, something is wrong on PM's end (assuming your plan is paid for/up to date).
Im having no issues here in Nova Scotia, just checked again for you.  But i see someone else is also experiencing this issue which leads me to believe it could be a system issue. You can message a PM Customer Service agent to inform them here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope this helps 🙂

dphamlet

same issue here - located in vancouver. started happening yesterday.

cava2024

I tried speed test. It’s zero. And I just tried again to extract my SIM card and inserted again. Still the same

morbital

Same for me just now today in New Westminster and yesterday in Vancouver. Clear sky, outside, no data. What's the deal? 

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is strange, i just checked mine and its working fine. Best way to test is to google "speed test" and run the test that shows up at the top to see your speed.  If it is showing slow speed, then you surely have some sort of issue. 
The next step is to figure out if its your device or the network/connection.  If you had another device to test your sim card with, that would be the easiest way to figure that out.
If all else fails, restarting your device is a good start point, as you mentioned you already did that, you may have to go into settings and "Reset network connections", this will remove your saved wifi passwords, etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.