Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data not working on iphone 6/ios12.

Apn sertings verified to be correct

Plan includes 4gb of data that I cannot use

Pleas help

35 REPLIES 35

Tinattle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent I also need help with this issue. Sent Mod Team a pm on Sat but no response still 😞

I got an iphone X, factory unlocked from Apple Store. Previously used with Chatr before switching to PM last week. Calls and SMS works, but not data and MMS. Can't either install PM apn profile or manually change apn settings. Tried the sim on Samsung A5 and everything works fine. 

Been reading through forum and seems like I will need a MOD to resolve this. Can you @CS_Agent check my pm please please please?

dling17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent How come no one has replied to my Dm for 5 days now 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @fgoncalves,

We've replied to your message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

fgoncalves

I did that, thanks.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fgoncalves  just trying to understand you first said data never worked now you are saying it did infact work becasue your daughtermanaged to watch  a movie...      

If you did infact message teh mods you might wnat to send tehm another message stating that you resolved the issue.

@fgoncalves wrote:

Ok I think I found the issue.....usage as you guys mentioned.

This is my daughter’s phone, I went back in the usage history, and added up all the times she used it(I actually saw that she used a lot of data whe we just signed up which was sep 15th), and all adds up to around 4.5gb....looks like she was watching movies at school.

Tomorrow after paymet it should be replenished...I’m very sorry....and thanks for all the help.

Marking your own post as a solution is frownd upon especially when many members mentioned to check your usage and that the data was probably ask used up.  I have unmarked The post as the solution. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fgoncalves

Ok I think I found the issue.....usage as you guys mentioned.

This is my daughter’s phone, I went back in the usage history, and added up all the times she used it(I actually saw that she used a lot of data whe we just signed up which was sep 15th), and all adds up to around 4.5gb....looks like she was watching movies at school.

Tomorrow after paymet it should be replenished...I’m very sorry....and thanks for all the help.

fgoncalves

I signed up end of August...it never worked.

fgoncalves

1EE961B2-FDFE-49D3-B2D2-156CDD1AABD4.jpeg

That’s exactly what I see now too @ShawnC13, I didn’t notice the info directly at the top.

@fgoncalves wrote:

BCAC77FF-A2D7-4C56-AED3-31AC3BA8EFDB.jpeg

It looks like you have your payment coming up tomorrow and with no data listed in your addon section it leaves me to believe that you have used it all up.  For the my Data and Add-ons can you click on the View My Usage to see if data has been used?  Is this a new thing or has data never worked for you on this phone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@fgoncalves, when did you sign up?  You’ve either used all your data, or it’s a problem with the setup of your account by Public Mobile.  When data is used, that Addon area will not show your remaining data, as it is showing now.

When you still have data, it will show how much you have remaining.  See my screen shot to compare.

792AB24C-0317-4184-B0EF-53ECBA2C22E0.jpeg

fgoncalves

BCAC77FF-A2D7-4C56-AED3-31AC3BA8EFDB.jpeg

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If all these ideas have not worked then:

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

*I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me*

fgoncalves

Sorry, didn’t get that, “play a Visio”

What does the overview page show.  This screen doesn’t look right to me.

fgoncalves

5CDDA508-020D-405D-AA31-2AC3D830525F.pngA47B2DA9-3E1B-443F-8BD1-7F46C9739A60.jpeg

mimmo

@fgoncalves wrote:

The plan says that includes 4.5gb, I haven’t used any of it, why should I need an addon?

Hiw do I ask the mods to investigate? sorry, new to this

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Kh69

Ok go on wifi play a Visio then turn wifi of see if that works 

fgoncalves

Already tried that

Kh69

Try shutting your phone of and on again 

@fgoncalves, please edit your photo... your account number is showing.

This could be a display error from Self Serve.  The Data in your plan will list as an addon, because that’s the way PM does things with the data.

Please attempt another screen shot, hiding all personal info.  Hopefully the addon information shows this time.

@fgoncalves wrote:

The plan says that includes 4.5gb, I haven’t used any of it, why should I need an addon?

When no data plan, or add-on, shows in Data and Add-ons, your data has been completely consumed. You will need to purchase an add-on or ask the moderators to start your current plan early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fgoncalves

mimmo

The screen shot does not show a a data add-on .  This means the data was used up or if you never had data working you had an activation issue.

At this point if you have never used data then you should ask mods to investigate.

To check that the data settings's are correct try sending a MMs.

fgoncalves

Tried in another unlocked phone and It shows “no service”

fgoncalves

fgoncalves

Thanks, phone was factory reset, apn settings are the correct ones.

fgoncalves

Thanks, new account and plan including data, haven’t been able to use any data since it does not work

fgoncalves

This is a new account, phone is unlocked bought directly from Apple

Need Help? Let's chat.