Did you mean: 

Data connection

Jscali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No data connection 

13 REPLIES 13

GregStarla

I am on 4G plan using iPhone. I will have 2-3 bars of cell signal and LTE showing, thus indicating service over cell towers. I’ll be browsing away over Safari then all of a sudden it will display “ safari cannot open the page due to no internet connectivity, please check your settings “. Then the next few minutes it all works again. Very unstable service and quite irritating. Wish I had stayed on 3G plan. Worked way better, even for calls. Calls since I went to 4G plan Suck . Calls are  always dropping, people can’t hear me or dead silence right in the middle of a call. Grrrrrr! 

self solution removed

@Jscali - try toggling into/out of airplane, and/or perform a reset of your device's network settings.

If still not improved after this and other suggestions, try your SIM into another phone to see if data works better.

If still issues in another phone, likely network related that hopefully will clear up on its own soon.

If you want PM to investigate or looking for more answers on the network/account end of things submit a ticket to CSA to inquire: Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

Jscali

I had to open a ticket and get something refreshed. Seems to connect now

@Jscali wrote:

It just dropped data signal 2 days ago, works fine on  voice calling and sms. WIFI allows for mms and internet function. Just no mobile data signal

@Jscali Try also to change the preferred network type to 3G ONLY / WCDMA Only / HSPA Only and see if it helps

again, what brand and model is your phone?

Jscali

It just dropped data signal 2 days ago, works fine on  voice calling and sms. WIFI allows for mms and internet function. Just no mobile data signal

@Jscali You tried reboot you phone already?

You sure Mobile data for the phone is now enabled?

Are you on Android?  Android can limit data based on the setup and the cycle start date.  But PM cycle start date keeps changing and that could cause problem

Are you on iPhone?  If so, did you try to access internet on different apps?  iPhone can toggle data on /off with specific app, maybe an app was set to Mobile data off by accident?

Jscali

I have been using the same phone and PM plan for over 2 years

@Jscali   Now, the next question is, you ever use data on PM network before ?  It was working before?

and what brand and model is your phone?

Jscali

I still have 8gb available 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jscali 

If you don’t see any data as noted on @softech screenshot then you used up all your data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jscali Are you new to PM or have a new device?  Has Data ever work on your current PM Account and current phone?

If it works before, login to MY Account and confirm if you still have data, check if there is any line about Data in the My Data & Addon section in the Overview page, something like this:

E-MyAcc-$15Plan Add-ons.png

If there is a line there and show you still have data left, then check if you have setup any data limit on your phone and if the cycle start date on the Data limit is set correctly

If it is a new device or you just join PM, let us know what brand and model of your phone

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jscali more info please new customer? data run out?

Need Help? Let's chat.