cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on not working

Chrisdafoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a $30 roaming data add-on because I desperately needed to use the internet while in the US. To my disappointment, the add-on did not work and I have been unable to use any of the data I purchased. Now I no longer need the data, because I am going home tomorrow. Is there a way to get reimbursed for this?

7 REPLIES 7

Koyabtx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As everyone else has said, there's no $30 US roaming option for data add-ons. Only $20 and $10. Looks like you purchased the $30 Canada add-on, in which case it will not work in the US.

You could try PM-ing a mod to see if they are nice enough to credit you back for the add-on thinking it was US roaming.. Not sure if they'll do it though. So make sure you select the correct add-on next time!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Chrisdafoe There is $30 for 1 GB in 4 LTE. If you have bought a $30 roaming data, please check the following:

@sunflowershine there's no need for your list--they 100% did not purchase a $30 roaming data add-on, becuase no such add-on exists for purchase at Public Mobile.  They clearly purchased the $30 1GB non-roaming data add-on, which only works in Canada.  EDIT: sorry I removed the snarky comment at the end here, I looked back and realized only a small amount of time had passed between the original post and your reply, so you may not have seen the previous responses before posting.  My apologies.  But yeah, the rest is still valid.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chrisdafoe wrote:

I purchased a $30 roaming data add-on because I desperately needed to use the internet while in the US. To my disappointment, the add-on did not work and I have been unable to use any of the data I purchased. Now I no longer need the data, because I am going home tomorrow. Is there a way to get reimbursed for this?

@Chrisdafoe There is $30 for 1 GB in 4 LTE. If you have bought a $30 roaming data, please check the following:

• For data issues, make sure your APN settings are correctly configured. Find out how to verify APN settings for Android or iPhone.
  • Make sure your mobile device has roaming enabled.
  • If these solutions don’t work, create or sign in to your Community account, and contact our Moderator Team here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Chrisdafoe The only $30 data addon is for Canada only, there is no $30 US data addon. It wont expire after 10 days, it will stay in your account until you use it. The moderators may give you a refund, but probably not, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisdafoe wrote:

Can you post a screen shot of your self serve account's landing page and your payment history, please? Black out all personal information.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisdafoe wrote:

I suspect you bought the 1 GB data for use while in Canada...is this correct  ? You can only use that data whilst in Canada.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisdafoe wrote:

Which Add-on did you buy ? I can't find a US Roaming Add-on for $30.

Need Help? Let's chat.