cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @ J_PM ,

This has happened more than once where I receive a message saying that 100% of the data included in my service has been used.  When checked I see that I have only used 1.8GB of the 3GB and keep losing internet connection.

Currently unable to used the Public Mobiles internet.  What to do?

@Eliza5

14 REPLIES 14

@Eliza5 wrote:

@esjliv,

The 1.8 GB out of 3GB is what it shows on the phone under data usage.

@Eliza5

@Eliza5 

Go by your overview section for best accuracy of data usage.

Perhaps install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track of your 30 day cycle from each Public Mobile start date.

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Eliza5

Thanks...

@Eliza5 wrote:

Just noticed that the data cycle on the phone runs from April 26 to probably May 26.  Up to today May 24 it has used 6.14 GB so possibly the new data cycle begins on May 27.  If this is the case than I have run out of data and have to wait or purchase add-on data.  

The mystery is why it still shows 1.81GB used out of the 3GB.  Guess I have to wait a few days.

Please do not go by the total that your phone reports. This will not be accurate because all currently offered Public Mobile plans are 30-days long.  Phone data counters reset on the same day each month, and even if you have the start data set correctly (which is probably wwon't be because your plan's start date each 30 days can fluctuate), that still doesn't account for the fact that phone would potentially showing you data usage for an amount of time that doesn't line up with your plan duration.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear you're covered l, you also saved $5 by using points, so good move lol

Eliza5

Hello @J_PM , @esjliv , @JL9 , @dust2dust , @softech ,

Not sure if I tagged everyone or if it has been done correctly.  Thanks.

I see now what I had to do it get it working again.  I decided to use some of my reward points to add an extra 1 GB of data until the next rotation.

@Eliza5 

Eliza5

@dust2dust ,

Where would I check if there is a data limiting option set on an android phone?

@Eliza5 

Eliza5

@esjliv ,

Just noticed that the data cycle on the phone runs from April 26 to probably May 26.  Up to today May 24 it has used 6.14 GB so possibly the new data cycle begins on May 27.  If this is the case than I have run out of data and have to wait or purchase add-on data.  

The mystery is why it still shows 1.81GB used out of the 3GB.  Guess I have to wait a few days.

@Eliza5   

Eliza5

@esjliv,

The 1.8 GB out of 3GB is what it shows on the phone under data usage.

@Eliza5

Eliza5

@JL9 ,

It was intermittent, lagging dropping but now it has almost come to a complete stop.

@Eliza5 

Eliza5

The message came from A T & T.

@Eliza5 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hello @ J_PM ,

This has happened more than once where I receive a message saying that 100% of the data included in my service has been used.  When checked I see that I have only used 1.8GB of the 3GB and keep losing internet connection.

Currently unable to used the Public Mobiles internet.  What to do?

@Eliza5  - where are you seeing 1.8GB of the 3GB remaining? If this is the settings/limits you have set on your device, then you must ensure the start date is matching your plan start date.

Ensure you are looking at the overview section in your self serve under this section. If you do not see anything listed for data then that usually means you used it all up for this cycle.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

If you do see a data line listed in the above area, try the below troubleshooting and see if data works after each one:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into airplane mode, then back to regular mode.
  • remove your SIM card then gently reinsert it
  • Try your SIM card into another compatible phone to see if data works then
  • reset of your device's network settings.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When you say you keep losing internet, is it intermittent where it works and then lags or drops, then works again and is just a cycle like that. Or is it completely shut down and no way to access anything with your data 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is the 100% message from 611? Do you have data limiting options set on the phone? Remember this place is 30 days so your phone counter needs to change with it to get an approximation of usage..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eliza5 , yuu didn't tag @J_PM properly earlier.  No worry,  tagged for you here.

Also, you tried reboot and/or put your PM sim in another phone to test?

UPDATE:  you track your PM cycle start date properly?  PM is running on 30 days cycle.  And did My Accout shows 1.8GB used?

I also suggest you to open proper ticket for reference

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.