Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card won't authorize

kaseyplain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would prefer to be able to speak directly to someone about this, but here goes:

AutoPay tried to charge my card but it wasn't authorized
So I manually tried to pay, didnt work

Called me CC, they had me authorize the transactions (Including another, lesser one) and told me that I'd have to retry the payments.

I re-tried the payments on the SelfServe page and it kept saying not authorized

While I had my CC company on the line, they said that there were no attempted transactions.

I reconfirmed my CC information and everything, but to no avail.

So, what gives? Is there a time limit on retries or something?

PS: I did an Amazon Purchase to test my card and it worked fine. 

15 REPLIES 15

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have this problem too and the solution is that if you have a suite number, DO NOT use the suite field.

Just enter 123-4567 Untitled Road, Vancouver, BC, V1X1X1

schiu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion...  The problem turned out to be I had to enter the address exactly the same as what is in my credit card statment. The issue has been resolved.  

Thanks,

Samson

Smartin_20

I had to remove my previously saved credit card to add a backup one I’ve never used with public mobile - it worked. 

Still cannot add the original payment method back - fails by saying an issue with credit card. 

Very frustrating!!!

schiu

Hi there,

I'm having the same issues as people above.. I tried updating the credit card number and it failed.  I also tried removing the credit card detail and registered again.  It also failed. Nothing works. Please help. I'm not able to figure out how to send a private message to @Moderator_Team

Loughlmm

HI there I'm having the same issues as people above.. I tried removing the credit card and doing a one time payment and setting up auto pay over the last two days. Nothing works. Please help. I'm not able to figure out how to send a private message to @CS_Agent

jeeva86

Thanks @chowchow7. I didn't try a different card yet. In regards to the mod contact, you have to PM them with:

1. Full Name
  2. Phone Number
  3. E-mail

chowchow7

Yeah, @jeeva86, I ran into the same problem with the cut off service.  Luckily I was able to pay with another credit card, but hoping to switch it back to my preferred credit card for the autopay.  You can try that in the meantime, paying with something else so as to restore service in the meantime.

Also thanks @Taekgun, it seems like the problem is specific to this card, as I'm able to input another CC and pay for my service.  Having spoken with my CC company, they're suggesting it's a technical issue on the Public Mobile side.  Is tagging the Mod team in this thread enough, or do I have to send a private message?  Don't want to swamp them if this is an issue they're already aware of.

jeeva86

I sent them a PM, let's see. Atm, I am without cell phone service! I would've thought they should've kept our lines active if there are problems with payments.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jeeva86

It's an issue that has been brought up with PM numerous times, I know they're wokring on it but I assume it's not an easy fix.  In the meantime, it just keeps happening - sorry you have been affected.

Were you able to get it to work in the end or did you message the moderators at @CS_Agent??

jeeva86

Thanks, I have the same issue. What gives? I would expect a huge issue like this to be posted as a disclaimer when you login so we know what to do. Here I am wasting time calling up my cc on removing possible holds.

Taekgun

@chowchow7

Sorry to hear about your issue with self serve. A few people have been experiencing this issue as well.  The best recommendation has been to turn off auto-pay, delete your old CC, add the new one and lastly turn auto pay back on.

If this doesn't work, I would send a private message to the moderators using this link: @CS_Agent, provide your name, account number and a explanation of what has happened and they will be able to help you out. 

Once you send the msg, you will be able to msg directly back and forth with that moderator to resolve the issue.

chowchow7

Hi @CS_Agent,

I'm having the same problem, and would also prefer to speak with someone directly, but piggybacking off this thread.  I'm trying to sign up a new card for AutoPay after I lost my previous one, but it's not accepting my input on the SelfServe page.  I've called the CC company and they said that my inputs must be right or else they wouldn't be seeing the repeated $0.00 charges on my CC account.

The SelfServe error is:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I recently paid for something else with this card today, so it's not frozen or suspended.  Thanks in advance!

kaseyplain

Thanks for the suggestions 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @kaseyplain,

I just sent a private message to you, please read it and then get back to me.

Thank you!

Gregory

closng

Hi @kaseyplain,

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Try using another web browser/incognito mode to submit the payment

2. Try submitting the payment over the phone by dialing 611

3. Try a different credit card

4. If all of the above fails, please send a message to the Moderators and they will assist:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.