cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cowboy

Cornelius21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to set up a public mobile SIM card for a buddy of mine but it didn't go through because I did it on a selfserve page. But the money for the $50 plan was charged to my credit card. And since I didn't set it up on the right page the SIM card is now garbage and cant be used. I've since deleted my credit card so I shouldn't get any more charges. How can I get my $50 dollars back, or did I just lose 50bucks?

9 REPLIES 9

@Cornelius21 wrote:

I'm sorry but what do you mean with PM customer?

Hi @Cornelius21   

PM Customers = Public Mobile Customers

Cornelius21

I'm sorry but what do you mean with PM customer?

Cornelius21

Well I set up his SIM on a selfserve web page and the guy at wallmart where I bought the card said that that was the problem and I should've set it up under a public mobile.ca page. I'm trying to remember if I set up an account before I set the SIM. And if I log in to his account to check his status it shows active, but the sim won' do anything. Don't know if it makes any sense cuz I'm not a GEEKE. I also deleted the creditcard information so I shouldn't be charged again!

Cornelius21

When I insert the SIM it's like I haven't even put it in. It won't even search for service. like its dead or something. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you also a PM customer? There are some blanks that need to be filled in to point you in the right direction.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cornelius21 wrote:

I tried to set up a public mobile SIM card for a buddy of mine but it didn't go through because I did it on a selfserve page. But the money for the $50 plan was charged to my credit card. And since I didn't set it up on the right page the SIM card is now garbage and cant be used. I've since deleted my credit card so I shouldn't get any more charges. How can I get my $50 dollars back, or did I just lose 50bucks?

@Cornelius21  - it is prepaid service. Where ever you put that $50 is where it is at. I just don't fully understand where you put it?

Where you using the Change SIM card feature on someone else's account, thinking you could add an account or new SIM to an existing account?

If so, fyi, there is only one SIM/phone number, per account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Cornelius21 

Can you explain in more detail what you did? What self service page did you activate the sim? Your account? Did you use the page below? Is the $50 sitting in available funds on your self service page?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cornelius21   did you request porting and did you get Error 821?

Since the SIM was "activated" and you got charged, so the account was already setup.  You can message PM to confirm the SIM was activated and account was setup.  If that is the case, I guess you can have PM to fix what was missed in the activation and then complete the setup for your buddy.

Honest, I doubt PM will refund if the account was setup as PM is prepaid service

To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It would have been better to have come here sooner. If money was paid then it was activated. Then it's a problem at the end of the activation. But there should be an account there nonetheless.

What happens when you insert the sim into an unlocked compatible phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.