cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm if SIM card is activated or not activated.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way to confirm if a SIM card is activated or never activated and ready to use for a new account?

4 REPLIES 4

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks everyone. I was doing the same. I was wondering if there was any other ways. 

And now I have noticed of the two replies......I received 3 emails for each one. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@iPhoneUser- I believe you would have to try activation, and see if it gives an error message.  You might be able to ask the moderator team, but not sure if they would be able to give you that information.

The moderators could definitely tell you if it's been activated before, but I wouldn't go that route, at least not at first. Your first suggestion would be much easier. Going to activate.publicmobile.ca will allow you to check. After typing in the sim card number, click on another field. If it's been used before, the invalid sim card message mentioned earlier will be displayed. I know that the activation site can still report an invalid sim even for a sim card that hasn't been activated before if the process was stopped part-way through, but that error would clear after 50 minutes.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Is there a way to confirm if a SIM card is activated or never activated and ready to use for a new account?

If you stick it in an unlocked compatible phone and it works, it's activated.

Otherwise go online to activate and enter the SIM number on the back of the card.

If it says "Invalid SIM", chances are good the SIM has already been used/activated.

With the recent batch of SIM issues, you can confirm the SIM card status by contacting Moderators.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iPhoneUser- I believe you would have to try activation, and see if it gives an error message.  You might be able to ask the moderator team, but not sure if they would be able to give you that information.

Need Help? Let's chat.