cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Right now I receive NO emails for topics subscribed to and NO emails for any PMs. 

What do do I have to “turn on” to receive emails for a PM only. 

Thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : You're a regular here. But if some newbie posts something completely obvious showing all their evidence and hadn't tested it for themselves I might also be condescending to them.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk : The setting under Subscriptions & Notifications/Notification Settings - Turn off all email notifications - is global. Try sending a pm from your other account with it checked or not. You'll find that one way you get pm emails, the other not.

I also have everything off...other than pm's. I don't mind being email-notified if I've received a pm.

I'll respond to your posts if I want. Maybe my replies will help others with the similar question.

Do what you wish....I can change the channel (only if unfriending would work). Perhaps if your responses were helpful vs condescending there would be more value to them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : The setting under Subscriptions & Notifications/Notification Settings - Turn off all email notifications - is global. Try sending a pm from your other account with it checked or not. You'll find that one way you get pm emails, the other not.

I also have everything off...other than pm's. I don't mind being email-notified if I've received a pm.

I'll respond to your posts if I want. Maybe my replies will help others with the similar question.

I turn off All email alert myself.  Come here frequent enough and I don't need even the Private message alert email   I guess you too.. you are always online here..

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk : Well...um...gee..you've turned off all emails. hmm.

Well um gee yourself!!!! Read my post!! And what you see is I have mails turned off for subscriptions and notifications!!!!!  NOT Private Messenger. I DON'T want a fricken email for every thread that I have subscribed too!!! And yes I have turned off for "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in, as well". You don't need to respond to my posts!!!!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

My settings...no emails for anything. 

85D7C823-CF3B-452A-87BB-6BC8EDE587E4.png

@CountyDownIeUk  Un-tick above checked box.

Wording may be improved in PM's Community Settings if checking boxes meant turn things ON, not off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : Well...um...gee..you've turned off all emails. hmm.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's odd because by default email notifications are for everything. Sometimes it's a crazy amount of notifications.

My settings...no emails for anything. 

0CC13B5B-04DF-437E-990B-49AC3655D894.png85D7C823-CF3B-452A-87BB-6BC8EDE587E4.png

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20211116-202425.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CountyDownIeUk   

I am checking the notification settings (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notificatio...)  but I don't seem to see any particular choice for notification for Private Message

Need Help? Let's chat.