cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for email change

Carocharette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning guys, 

I went and tried adding data to my account and apparently I am not using the right email. At first I figured I had forgotten my password but I requested to be sent a reset link, I was told that my email didn’t match. 
I created a community account, sent a ticket. Received a code. 
I have no idea what to do with this code, where to use it. Thank you!

21 REPLIES 21

@Carocharette wrote:

I cannot use my new email for My Account. That’s what I am trying to do. But agent say there is nothing to be done if I forgot my email. I have every other information possible. I will have to cancel my subscription. Thank you very much anyways

The response that you go from the CSA must be as frustrating as it is incorrect.  Public Mobile can very easily change the e-mail address assigned to the account.  However, telling a CSA that the e-mail address has been forgetten is a definitely security flag.  Even if you did remember the e-mail address, Public Mobile will need to cofirm that you know specific informaiton about your account before they will proceed. After that, the CSA can simply change the e-mail address for you (no codes or anything are required).

@Carocharette  and you just use a new email address on Self-Serve?  Please make sure both Community account and Self-serve share the same email address so they can apply the Community Reward to your account.  I believe you are close to getting $1 reward for this month.  Just a little something from PM to make up the trouble you have gone through  🙂

@Carocharette 

Welcome to the community!

I'm happy to hear you have sorted out the issue you were having. The info in your self serve account that you can access is all under your control and can be anything you choose....real or not.

But it is important that you know what it is for the purpose of account verification. In your situation you were able to provide the correct info in the end because was the real or correct info ie. your old address. It's the same as when the CRA asks you your address that you last filed taxes at.....but you can change any of those details in your account such as:

• Your name and address.
  • Password.
  • Security question and answer.
  • Alternate phone number.

You cannot change your date of birth nor can you see this info in your account. If you verify your account this may(?) be possible with the help of a CSA. Changing your email, 4 digit account pin #, or sim card.( if you cannot recieve the verification code) can only be done by a CSA after answering additional verification questions such as:

• Account #.
  • Autopay card. Type, expiry, last 4 digits.
  • Last payment. Type, amount, date paid, last 4 digits.
  • Plan amount, add ons, date purchased.
  • Date of birth.
  • Rewards if any.
  • Frequently called/texted numbers. Last number called/received/texted.
  • Activation date, original plan amount, payment type.

Writing down your email, password, account pin # and security question and answer and putting it in a safe and secure place that only you can access for future reference can be enormously time saving.

When sending a private message for customer support if Simple--Simon is not your kind of guy then including the following info in your first message along with a detailed description of your issue can get a resolution much quicker since it cuts down on the back and forth messaging. So always include:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Phone #, email and 4 digit account pin #.

We hope to see you hanging out in the community more often. Use the search bar. Ask a question. Reply to thread that interests you. Bravo posts that you agree with, learn from or maybe even make you laugh. We are always happy to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carocharette : That's a tricky one. I guess they were somewhat satisfied with whatever other information you had provided. But it wanders in to social engineering by fraudsters for a "call" centre to be giving out information. I hope they sorta kinda hinted at the old address and not given you the whole thing. Then you twigged to that and said oh! that's my old address! This was it then.

Glad to hear it's all straightened out.

@Carocharette wrote:

The home address I was providing did not match the records but I was not made aware of it at the start. I created my account a few years ago and had moved since. As soon as the agent informed me of the wrong address I provided my old one. 

@Carocharette  Welcome back..glad you don't have to cancel the service because of this.

Make sure you have the correct PIN as well.  PIN is another one that needs PM to help reset if you forgot... and in many case , it is quiet useful

Carocharette

Gave them my old home address. I was not aware that the one I provided them at the start did not match until much later. 

Carocharette

The home address I was providing did not match the records but I was not made aware of it at the start. I created my account a few years ago and had moved since. As soon as the agent informed me of the wrong address I provided my old one. 

@Carocharette  yeah!!!  So, how they resolve it without you giving them the old email?  LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carocharette : Great news. Can you share what got it going for you so we can all learn?

Carocharette

We were finally able to sort this out 🙂

Thank you for the response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carocharette : Is your email address very long? I don't know why you can't use it. Can you set up a quick and dirty one with any of the free email services and then change to that?
The CSA is not accepting any other identification verification information from you?
As mentioned earlier, did you create a self-serve account under My Account and then the right side Create account button?

Did you get that code you mention in an email or a text?

Did you activate in a store or yourself online?

It feels like some misunderstandings are going on.

Edit: Can you look in your texting app for texts from 611 to find your 4 digit PIN. Can you look in any and all of your inboxes for a welcome email from when you activated. That would be the email address userid for the self-serve account.

Yes, I just talked to OP, look like they need a critical piece of info (the old email) but OP is unable to provide.   

I understand PM try to be safe, but OP need to reset the credentials because she forgot the email address.. and that is the "critical" piece of info that CS Agent demands from OP... just doesn't make sense

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carocharette 

for Verify Your Identity visit  Here link, for more information,

you can try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will change your old email and reset password for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,>> you will say forgetting and they will Reset for you,
  • your Email address,>> say change old email

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Carocharette

I cannot use my new email for My Account. That’s what I am trying to do. But agent say there is nothing to be done if I forgot my email. I have every other information possible. I will have to cancel my subscription. Thank you very much anyways

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carocharette 

There are a few things going on here and good to make sure we're not confusing them with each other.

First, there are 3 different accounts at Public Mobile - none of them are connected to each other.  (1) Self Service "My Account" for your phone service.  (2) Community account for these forums.  (3) Store account to buy a phone.

When you register for Self Serve with your email address, you need to enter your details, including your phone number, and it will send you a confirmation code to make sure it's you.  You can then log in to manage your services.  You can NOT change your email address by yourself - you need a CS Agent (staff) do do this for you.

If you don't have a record of which email you used on your Self Serve account, you can try your common-emails.  Otherwise, you'll need to reach out to a CS Agent (staff) assist you as others have mentioned.  You can either go through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or opening a ticket here - either way they will need to verify you before helping you with your account.  As staff, they will be able to help you with all the details.

If for some reason you need to Top Up your account manually without access online, you can buy prepaid vouchers and refill them via 611 in the meantime.  🙂

@Carocharette wrote:

I do not have a new email for self serve, that’s what I am trying to do. 
The code is supposed to be for that, to authorize a change of email. 
Can’t get a link for password change without the email. Thanks! 

I think it would be better to contact CS again and get clear instructions from them about what to do.

Oh, I thought they have asked you what email you want to change to

Was it a 6 digit code?

did you try to go to My Account (Public Mobile - Account Log In) and use Create Account and enter your phone number and see if you can go through there with the code they provided.

If still failed, reply the message to the CS Agent and ask them for instructions.

Carocharette

I do not have a new email for self serve, that’s what I am trying to do. 
The code is supposed to be for that, to authorize a change of email. 
Can’t get a link for password change without the email. Thanks! 

@Carocharette check your email , the new one that you use now for My Account, to see if you got any email from PM for setup or resetting password.

Carocharette

I have already validated my identity. I was sent a code to authorize the change of email. I have no idea what to do with it, how and where to use it. Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carocharette was it a link to validate your identity?    If so, click on it and answer the question.  Once that part is done, reply the message to PM CS_Agent and let them know you completed the validation

Need Help? Let's chat.