cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for call forwarding using *#21#

Mark2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just got a new phone after feeling my previous was hacked.  Got a new SIM card as well.  Out of paranoia, and because I was hearing static and echoes on a call while using the new device, I searched "how to tell if someone is listening to your calls" and found a youtube video saying to call *#21#.  When doing that, I got a message saying, "Call forwarding unconditionally."  But all items (i.e. Voice, data, fax, sms, sync, async, packet, pad) "not forwarded."  Does this mean my calls are being forwarded?

Then I used *#61# and it said, "Call forwarding when no reply" and again all items below said "Not forwarded."

Can someone help me to understand and hopefully ease my mind?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Mark2024 

To me, I don't think anyone is listening to your calls. I too once in a while get the cracking and echoing. It's just a bad connection. Remember, nothing is ever perfect and bad connections do happen. This of course is just my opinion, I feel this happens when the network is overloaded with calls all at the same time. This is why I say "let me call you back in a second." I wait 30 seconds and call back and the call is crisp and clear again. I've had that on Telus Rogers Fido and even Public Mobile. Hope this helps you feel a bit better.

EDIT: Here's a links to call forwarding information.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

And from our friends at Google...

Can an eSIM be cloned? Due to how the technology works, eSIM cloning can be possible but is unlikely. To clone a SIM card, you need physical access to the item. Since hackers cannot physically touch an eSIM card, it's hard to clone it.

Need Help? Let's chat.