I joined Public on June 13 was charger 28.75
2 days laterer had to exchange for another simm card charged again 28.75
In July was charged  12.65  
Need an explanation of why the charges

9 REPLIES 9

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @EdmondGallant47 

Do you still have access to the first account? Do you by any chance still have printouts receipts or remember the first phone number?

You sound contact moderators and ask them to credit you the funds to the second account (that you use now)

This is assuming second account was created, it is possible that system charged you while you had enough funds on your account but we can't know that without the screenshot of your paymenthistory. If you do take screenshot for us please remove all account&personal info.

Moderators can be reached directly here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@EdmondGallant47 wrote:

tHE FIRST SIMM CARD OF June 12 charged 28.75 this card did not work
Had to exchange for another simm card was charged again 28.75
New charge of 12.65 on July13
The first simm card was reported to Public Mobile and no charges would appear until August

@EdmondGallant47 

Screenshot your payment history page will clarify a few things.

I am assuming that you contact moderator and he/she stated no charges would appear until August. It is possible that the moderator actually did not credit your account the $28.75.  Or another possibility is that when you activated your 2nd SIM card/account/plan, you did not remove your autopay information from 1st account/plan and you were automatically charged this month.  So, you potentially have two plans ongoing? Do you have the same number for both SIM card?  Or did you choose another phone number?

Anyways, you likely need to contact moderator back to see what happened.  As community members, we can't fix account issues directly.  We can just offer advice and suggestions.  

@EdmondGallant47 wrote:

The first simm card was reported to Public Mobile and no charges would appear until August

The person didn't exchange the sim card, but rather a second account was absolutely opened. Did the person at the store do everything for you?  The reason I ask has to do with the fact that store employees cannot attach the new sim card to your account. You had to do that yourself within your self serve account.

EdmondGallant47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

How did you get the new sim?

It looks like you have two accounts

Did you activate again?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@EdmondGallant47 it looks like you activated the $25 plan and was charged $25 + 15% applicable taxes.  There was a problem with the SIM. Instead of changing it from within your self service account you activated another plan and was again charged another $28.75. The first plan renewed for $12.65( 25 - 10 referrsl - 4 autopy  = $11 + 15% applicable taxes). Now you have 2 $25 plans charged to the same credit card.

If I'm wrong, please post your payment history for the last 2 cycles.  If not, contact the moderators and ask them to cancel the first plan so that you will not be charged again. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@EdmondGallant47 wrote:

@EdmondGallant47 hi sounds like you signed up a second time see if a moderator will give you a credit  you can contact a moderator click on ? Bottom right corner ask Simon to speak to a human this will generate a ticket to contact a moderator response time is 2 to 48 hours check envelope top right corner for response

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@EdmondGallant47 wrote:

When you exchanged for a new card did you activate it as a new account or go into your account and change SIMs?  If you didn't go into your self serve and select change SIM you would have been charged again.  As for July when you activated did you have a referral code, or have autopay set up?

Are you able to show a screen-shot of your payment history page (with persona info removed) so we can see what is going on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@EdmondGallant47 

Maybe screenshot your payment history page.  That would offer more information.

When you say exchanged SIM card, what exactly happened?  Instore or online?  

The July plan fee is lower likely due to friend rewards and autopay $2 x 2 rewards.  Need to include also taxes to your plan fee.  

Need Help? Let's chat.