cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for something I don't have

TMC1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently helped a friend set up a new phone with public mobile. There was no number to port over - completely new phone and required a # in order to set it up. Her credit card information was entered and she was charged but we had difficulty as we couldn't download the app to her phone to complete the set up process. After a lot of frustration and reaching out to the community for assistance, I was finally able to complete the process but only after paying with my credit card because I got the message that the account couldn't be activated until payment was made. I assumed when we set up the account the payment did not go through and because my friend was not with me, I used my credit card. I completed the phone set up and got a phone number. Everything is working good except that my friend was charged and so was I. We both have our credit card statements to prove it. So how do I get my money back? 

2 REPLIES 2

TMC1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They are not pending charges. We both received our monthly statements and the charges have already been processed.

Why would my friend have to contact an agent? Her account has been set up on autopay. I am the one that needs to be reimbursed.

I will follow up with the link you provided.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TMC1 

First make sure that neither one is a pending charge on the credit card statement.  

Otherwise, your friend would need to contact customer service agent:

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.