cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscriptions from LTE to 5G

space-jim31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I'm currently on a LTE/4G subscription (40 CAD a month, for 15GB at 4G speeds) and just saw that PM are running a promo for 5G speeds, 50GB for 35 CAD a month. 

My question is, if I changed my subscription, will my iPhone 11 (which is not 5G compatible) still be able to use the network? I notice it says *up to* 250mbps. So does that plan still have the ability to connect to LTE? Or is it *only* 5G? 

Forgive me if this is a dumb question - but if it is possible, it wouldn't make sense for me to stay on the 40 a month plan for literally less than half the data allowance.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

space-jim31

Ok thank you guys! 

This was my first time using this customer help community tool and I gotta say - super helpful. Thanks again

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@space-jim31  Yes the price will be locked in at $34 every 30 days . And even thou you phone is not 5G compatible you will still see better speeds of the 4G plan 100Mbs. With phones set to 4G/LTE on a 5G plans 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@space-jim31 

that new plan will work great on your iPhone 11. ..leave it on LTE. You'll noticed marked improvement in download speeds. That new $34 plan is superior to your existing $40 plan.

follow-up answer...

if you take that new $34 plan...it's $34 + tax going forward...BUT...Pm does reserve the right to change the terms if it chooses.

space-jim31

Also - follow up question. If I buy this promo subscription at that price. Will it be 35CAD permanently moving forward? Or will it go up?

Need Help? Let's chat.