cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans while on auto pay? Will auto pay continue or will I get suspended?

celina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to switch plans. I am currently on auto pay. I found button that says change plan at new renewal, but am worried that the auto pay won't continue as the plan changes automatically.

Does anyone know it autopay continues when you switch plans? Someone else posted about this and said because of plan change, autopay didn't work and was suspended. How do I preform the plan change with out interruptions and headache? 

15 REPLIES 15

@celina wrote:

Plan details say 27.

Playment transaction history says the weird breakdown. 

I remember something about a build you own plan. And a few price increases after that, so probably an old plan

It looks like you have an old talk and text plan.  I have an old plan that has similar cost breakdowns.  Anyway, just go ahead and choose the new plan that you want for the next renewal, manually top up the account to the cost of the old plan and you are good to go.  If the new plan costs a bit less, you have some funds left over for the next renewal.  There will be guaranteed protection that the renewal with plan change will not fail.  

@celina wrote:

It would be a price down I think? This is my second problem.

Current Plan overview says 27 dollars. Rewards tab says estimate 32.

Payment tab says :   + 10    30dayplan,

- 5.      2choices,

+ 10.   for text,

+12.    for talk.

Which equals 27 dallers. What is this 10 dollars for 30dayplan

I see there is a 25 dallor plan with talk text and some data. So sounds better. But is it just 25. Or 25 plus this 10 for a 30day plan =35.  I only want to do plan change if it is just 25. 

Yes, that sounds like one of the old plans that used to have call centre support. You can simply select the current $25 as your "plan change" for the next renewal. As noted, your cost will be $25 less rewards. As you seem to have joined in 2018 you will receive, at least, $2 Loyalty plus $2 Autopay (if used).

That pricing structure is from the old Plan Builder; you likely have been paying $27 less $2 Rewards.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

celina

Oh no.  I don't remember seeing this b4. 

Account statues : plan expired

During this, I did hit the change plan on renewal button. Then got worried about autopay not working so I hit cancel. Now I see this plan expired thing.

Oh no. What is this now? Did I just cause more issues?  Help 

@celina put in the entire cost of the higher plan ignoring any rewards. So that even if the rewards fail you have enough money there to cover the plan. Whatever money is left over will be used to cover your next cycle payment. Stay safe.

celina

Plan details say 27.

Playment transaction history says the weird breakdown. 

I remember something about a build you own plan. And a few price increases after that, so probably an old plan

@celina  The $25 plan includes unlimited Canada wide calling. Unlimited international texting and 1 GB of data.

The cost is $25 plus tax. Since you have Auto-Pay your cost will be $23 plus tax. Note this price does not include any other rewards the you might have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@celina wrote:

- 5.      2choices,

+ 10.   for text,

+12.    for talk.

I see there is a 25 dallor plan with talk text and some data. So sounds better. But is it just 25. Or 25 plus this 10 for a 30day plan =35.  I only want to do plan change if it is just 25. 

Is that an old plan? Are you looking at payment history or Plan Details?

Plan Details would be better as the payment history is kinda goofy.

celina

- 5.      2choices,

+ 10.   for text,

+12.    for talk.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@celina 

Follow the advice of @Anonymous 

I can confirm that there is a glitch when downgrading your plan, the autopay withdraws enough money for the new plan but the next step (on couple of hours) before renewing the system checks of there is enough funds for there old plan so the renewal fails.

Don't worry about your rewards they will still be honored if you are registered with autopay, just withdraw enough for the larger plan manually.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@celina  Your Auto-Pay should not be affected but if you want to be safe just make a one-time payment into your account to cover the cost of the most expensive plan. During your next plan renewal those funds will be used for the plan change/renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@celina 

There has been mention in the past that changing down in plan cost has a problem. So the workaround is to manually pay the amount of the previous plan. Then the renewal will work and you have some money left over for the next renewal.

Changing up in plan cost should not be a problem.

@celina yes and I have done it on a few plans

celina

And your on auto pay? 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@celina hi there should be no problem changing at renewal we do it all the time!!I believe the one your refering to was already suspended hence the issue they had

Need Help? Let's chat.