cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans and keeping promo data?

Jax2011
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been a PM user for a few months now and currently on the $40 plan.  Recently I have been given a 1 gig data promo and took advantage of the 1 gig data holiday giveaway (thanks PM).  Really like the way this is phone company is set up.

I have not come close to using my 5 gigs of plan data OR the 2 gigs of promo data.  So my question is: If I choose to change my plan and go to the $25 plan, will I be able to keep my 2 gigs of promo data?  This would give me 3 gigs total which would be plenty.

Thanks

You Rock PM

1 gig promo and 1 gig holiday giveaway

13 REPLIES 13

@Jax2011  I agree with @pmmobile and is something I am considering as well as soon as my $10 off for 6 months promo ends. Being very generous with the use of my data the most I've used is 3/5gb and that's using tons of YouTube music while commuting. I finally figured out a good free music app and my data usage has dropped exponentially. I can easily survive on 1gb with the data add ons as back up. By employing all your data saving tools on your phone and restricting background data usage and exploiting free WiFi downgrading to the $25 plan probably won't be an issue for you at all. If you know you'll have a month where you might need more when youre on vacation or summer months when youre at the cottage you can always upgrade for a month or two. If you don't do a lot of calling out and want to be really conservative you could even try out the $15 plan for a month and see if you survive on that. Savings of $300 ($15plan) and $180 ($25plan) per year by downgrading is considerable and would make upgrading back to the $40 plan for a month or two over the course of a year still very economical.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jax2011  If you seldom use data or are usually by wifi networks that it may be a good idea to lower your plan and save $15. Especially, if are located out west and have Shaw internet you can use Shaw Open for wifi, which is almost everywhere. Just don't send too much private information over public wifis. Hope this helps you to make your decision, take care!

Hi @Jax2011 

I think you are safe to switch, with these2 gigs if you are careful you can h go really far, and 15 per month is lot in my books. Well you can have another 15 plan simultaneously fur $2less of autopay. And if your situation and needs change its so easy to switch back

Jax2011

Makes sense.  I have a better understanding of this now.  Thanks.

Jax2011

Yes. I have been signed up before August 19, 2019.

@Jax2011 wrote:

It was the 1 gig gift during the summer and this 1 gig that is offered for the holiday.

I'm now assuming from these posts, that these are one time add ons, and once used, they will be gone. At first I was thinking they would be reoccurring.  Make sense to me now.

If the 1 GB promos are listed on your self-serve accounts as follows, then you have the one-time add-ons.

PM 1 gig promos.jpg

Both of these will remain on your account until they are fully consumed.

Once consumed, they are gone. They do not replenish.

@Jax2011 wrote:

It was the 1 gig gift during the summer and this 1 gig that is offered for the holiday.

I'm now assuming from these posts, that these are one time add ons, and once used, they will be gone. At first I was thinking they would be reoccurring.  Make sense to me now.

@Jax2011  I'm on the same plan...how much data do you generally use per month?

@Jax2011Can you confirm if you activated your account on or before August 19th 2019? @totalUser  and @LovesToPM  the OP joins the community on Sept 12th. Since I switched in early August it is likely he is talking about the promo add on given to everyone by pm as before that date there were very few promos and I cannot remember any 1gb plan data promos until the last month or so. So yes you would keep both but they add ons that are single use by roll over.

Jax2011

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jax2011 

Are you taking about 1gig gift for everyone at the end of summer/beginning of fall and 1 gig that is currently being offered for holidays?

Those stay with you

If you signed up with 1g promotion, especially those reoccurring ones, you may be locked in. If it was signup promo please let us know when you signed up and we'll try to dig out the small print with you and look through it

Thanks

@Jax2011  Can you confirm  when you activated to clarify what kind of 1gb promo data you are talking about? There's a big difference between plan data and data add ons. And there's been a couple different  data promos lately.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Jax2011 wrote:

Been a PM user for a few months now and currently on the $40 plan.  Recently I have been given a 1 gig data promo and took advantage of the 1 gig data holiday giveaway (thanks PM).  Really like the way this is phone company is set up.

I have not come close to using my 5 gigs of plan data OR the 2 gigs of promo data.  So my question is: If I choose to change my plan and go to the $25 plan, will I be able to keep my 2 gigs of promo data?  This would give me 3 gigs total which would be plenty.

Thanks

You Rock PM

1 gig promo and 1 gig holiday giveaway

Yes you can change plans, and the 1 gig promo and 1 gig giveaway will stay on your account.

Keep in mind that the 1 gig promo and 1 gig holiday giveaway, both are one-time add-ons.
They are not renewed along with your plan.

edit: Please confirm which 1 gig promo you are referring to.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jax2011  In this case with those data add ons only the holiday one you would keep because the other one requires you to be on a $35+ plan because it is 1gb plan data the holiday is add on data so it rolls over every month til uses up.

Need Help? Let's chat.