cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from spooky Halloween plan to 39$plan

Cuomo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a 10% points back bonus on my 40$ for 15 GB Plan. If I switch to the 39$ for 2 GB plan, will I lose the 10% promo (~5 of my 12 months remain)?

28 REPLIES 28

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@fillione 

Thanks for the update!

fillion01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @maximum_gato,

It's confirmed, 10% rate plan rewards are still present, after a plan change, including moving from a 30 to a 90 day plan.

Thanks again!

SmartSelect_20231017-110934_Samsung Internet.jpg

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@fillion01 

Your welcome. I'll await your follow up post that all went well.🤞

Edit:

This thread might prove helpful too....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/m-p...

fillion01

Thanks @maximum_gato .

Plan change was today, so now we wait a few days to confirm, but I feel good about it, especially when the information is coming from someone who's actually done it 🙂

I'll confirn when I see it.

For now, this is where I stand. 

SmartSelect_20231015-111224_Samsung Internet.jpg

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@fillion01 

It will stay as long as your 3×points rewards for 12 months promotion is in effect. Basically once you recieve your first (10 points) anniversary reward your extra 10% in get back points rewards promotion expires.

fillion01

@maximum_gato thanks for this post, I'm switching plans on sunday and couldn't find any information about the 10% rate plan reward if plan was changed, so I was glad to see someone confirm that it stays!

fillione

Hi @Cuomo, this was my question (anonymous asking if you changed plans and kept the 10% bonus) before my community profile was restored, so if ever you have an answer for me, fire away 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

So @Cuomo ,

Did you change plans? and if so, did the 10% bonus stay?

Regards,

Edouard

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Cuomo @ur_a_buS_ 

Edit: @EdN you may want to see this too?

All I can say is if there is an issue I would take it to the c c t s.....I can only show you evidence from before the overhaul but if the CSA is correct then why did I get the 10% bonus when changing plans last month? ( Don't mind the math as a CSA had to fix the inability to change plans due to suspension....but went from the $15 plan to the $40/15gb plan.) The points were automatic.

Screenshot_20230602_201833_Firefox~2.jpg

@ur_a_buS_  So it sounds like I was correct from the start 

ur_a_buS_

The 10% Points Back Bonus will drop off if you switch plans, it was designed to only apply to the plan you initially signed up with. I'm in the same situation. 

Option1 (current plan): $40/month 15Gb 4G, 10% back plus $2 back for auto pay $4 back for 10% points back. $44.80/month with tax. 1 year costs $465.6 after using points back. 

Option2: switch to promo $39/month 20Gb 4G, 5% back so 1.95/month plus $2/month back for auto pay. 1 year costs $476.76 after using points back. 

It's a $11 difference over one year. Take your pick. 

@Cuomo  Yes I’m aware of that 15GB for $40 … but today they mark that 15GB plan for $45 is what I meant sorry for that confusion 

HI@J_PM can you confirm , for those what have 3x points points (15% altogether) from activation,  would a plan change voids that offer?

HI @maximum_gato  my initial thought is the 15% should stays , too.  It is not a plan bonus, it is just an account bonus, it should stay as long as account is here... LoL 

I hope senior agent can confirm we are both right!!

Cuomo

IMG_0657.png

cs agent replied that it was not stackable: 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Cuomo @ur_a_buS_ 

I think the CSA is wrong and have asked for clarification. Here are the terms and conditions...

Screenshot_20230531_054147_Photos~2.jpg

Cuomo

My plan is 40$, not 45$. 

@Cuomo  In the long run thou , the $39 plan will save you the $1 and give you 5GB extra data the $15 GB plan is now $45 so once’s your promotional points are over the $39 plan be  more valuable I’m opinion just food for thought as the $39 plan won’t expire 

Cuomo

I will not, it’s not worth it

thanks @Cuomo  for confirming

are you still going ahead with the plan change?  If you do, monitor it and just in case there are still good surprise 

ur_a_buS_

Thank you for the info. 

Cuomo

I asked CS Agent. You’ll lose it 

ur_a_buS_

What about after May 24th? Thinking of switching plans but not sure if at this point I’ll lose the 10% points back. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous @Cuomo 

I highly doubt it. The 3×points promotion previously stated it was valid for 12 months starting from activation. There was no caveat that changing plans would cause a customer to lose the 3×points promotion. I can confirm that changing plans prior to this roll out on May 24th did not affect the 3×points promotion.

hi @Anonymous that bonus is different from other activation bonus, I think

But to be very safe, OP should message PM agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cuomo   Most likely as activation bonuses are said to be lost if changing plans, however, YMMV (perhaps).

@hTideGnow   Do you know for a fact that OP won't lose the 5x points?  In that case @Cuomo you're in luck!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cuomo  Yes unfortunately you probably will , but that plan $39 plan has no expiry so more value in the long run 

Add you will be able to keep and friend referrals you have for sure 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Cuomo no, you won't.  That exta point does not tie with plan

but you can also message  CS Agent to confirm 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.