cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Subscription Plan

Christeenie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my current plan is $50 plus tax for total of $56.  I have 10.5GB at 3G speed, with bonus 2GB; 30-day plan; unlimited talk to Canada and US; unlimited international text.  I log into my account to change my subscription and there is a plan for $34 which consists of 15GB data within Canada and US at 4G speed; unlimited Canada and US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.  I go onto the Public Mobile website and see a plan for $39 which consists of 50 GB data within Canada and US at 5G speed; unlimited Canada and US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.

1.  What am I missing here?  Why am I paying so much for 3G speed?   2.  as a current customer why am I only being offered the $34 plan at 4G speed above; and a new customer going on the Public Mobile site is being offered the $39 plan at 5G speed above?

I don't care about the data GB, as I only use about 2GB a month.

2 REPLIES 2

Sharona77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you can change your plan. Just choose when your next subscription is up. I’ve done it many times! 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Christeenie 

PM is slowly phasing out the 3G plans and moving to 4G/LTE and 5G plans since 3G will be decommissioned in 2025.

Optional plans are different for every existing members. Plans available for you are under Subscription>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription.

If you are only interested in the Canada/USA plan with 15gb of data for $34 in your selection…go for it but remember to switch to this plan on your next renewal date so you won’t be charge for the old plan and the new plan.

I recently switch from the $25 plan with 1gb in 3G to the $23 plan with 6gb in 4G…paid less, faster speeds and more data.

Need Help? Let's chat.